Opinion wanted on the parts for my new system...

Hello All,

Here are the components I'm thinking about getting from Newegg:

Cool Master case

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR

AMD 64 3200+ or AMD 64 3000+

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Apollo 6600PCX Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B250S0 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

ENERMAX Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA ATX 485W Power Supply

First off I'm doing this on a budget, but I'm trying to look towards future upgrade-ability; Raid, SLI, Dual core. I'm looking to do some OCing but nothing too crazy.

What are your thoughts?

Wow those are some quick replies. Thank you.

So no value RAM even if I'm not planning on OCing the RAM? Care to explain why? The OCZ sticks are much'o denaro.

I've had very good luck with generic Nvidia cards in the past. So this is why I am looking at the Apollo. But, I see the one Leadtek is comparable in price.

Great replies. Thank you again, but please keep in mind Budget is key.

Wow those are some quick replies. Thank you.

So no value RAM even if I'm not planning on OCing the RAM? Care to explain why? The OCZ sticks are much'o denaro.

I've had very good luck with generic Nvidia cards in the past. So this is why I am looking at the Apollo. But, I see the one Leadtek is comparable in price.

Great replies. Thank you again, but please keep in mind Budget is key.

for the fact that the corsair modules do not run very well at all w/ the dfi board even at stock speeds .

:O Ah, OK. Are the rest of the components good? Case; enough air flow, big enough? PSU; enough amps? What about the HD? I'm looking at this one because Maximum PC picks the 300GB model as their top SATA drive, but it's too much money.

What the heck is the differance between this system board DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR and this one DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D ?

:O Ah, OK. Are the rest of the components good? Case; enough air flow, big enough? PSU; enough amps? What about the HD? I'm looking at this one because Maximum PC picks the 300GB model as their top SATA drive, but it's too much money.

What the heck is the differance between this system board DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR and this one DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D ?

bah max pc . get 2 x hitachis new SATA II drives and run em in raid 0 if u dont need 300gb of space ..

you buying a top of the line performance/enthusiast board. It generally does not respond well to generic-chip VALUE items

difference between D and DR:

D = 4 NV SATA Ports

DR = 4 NV SATA Ports + 4 SiliconImage 3114 SATA Ports