06/18 NF4 BIOS Out

Where are you getting these BIOS updates from? Forgive my noobness, but I checked the dfi website for bios downloads for my dfi nf4 sli-dr and it doesnt have these versions listed. Can someone clear this up for me? Im quite happy to be called an idiot if its completely obvious :)

Ta

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scaramonga
Where are you getting these BIOS updates from?

The links at the top of this thread! :sweat:

:rolleyes:

Btw. i NEVER had any problems with non working devices like USB/LAN etc....also..you SHOULD not use the Marvell/Gigabit LAN anyway, it blows chunks ! (Uses far more resources and CPU than the NV LAN).

While the Marvell LAN uses more resources then the Nvidia one, the drivers are far more stable and reliable. Who cares if your LAN is using less resources if it's causing your Windows to die every 30mins-2 hours? Besides, I suspect that for most users, who are only using 100mbits and even then they rarely even 5% of their total possible network throughput, the resource usage difference is minimal.

Nvidia's firewall and LAN is a good concept but until and unless they vastly improve their drivers, it all comes to naught.

Guest Byron

What revision bios has had the best performance for the RAM i have listed below? -1, -2, or -3?

If the numbering conventions hold true for this series (and I doubt Oskar would change the convention without telling anyone, then;

-1 is optimized for TCCD/TCC5

-2 is optimized for BH-5/UTT

-3 is a general BIOS that should work well for most sticks regardless

Hi ...

just tried the new 618`s 1, 2 & 3 ... no use for me. Can`t get the same OC Results I had before rock-stable for about 4 weeks. Prime/OCCT errored out very fast :confused: and i had them (before the bios flash) running at least for 8hrs - and yes - same Setup/Bios Settings and so on - so i went back to 510-3 on both Boards and all is ok again ;)

weird in windows with 618-3 bios and 2x 512MB KHX3200/512 BH-5 seems yellow slots are more stable than orange - more testing

yup. with any bios on my sd core, classic bh-5 (khx3200) in yellow allowed to exceed ~235, where orange would be limited at that mark, in win stress.

on utt bh (ocz el gold 3200), the limit was 240 in yellow, where orange would exceed that in win stress.

250+ for either slot in memtest86.

yup. with any bios on my sd core, classic bh-5 (khx3200) in yellow allowed to exceed ~235, where orange would be limited at that mark, in win stress.

on utt bh (ocz el gold 3200), the limit was 240 in yellow, where orange would exceed that in win stress.

250+ for either slot in memtest86.

Do you have your ocz el gold in yellow or orange?