Xp2800+

i'm currently putting together my first modded system so i'm kind of a n00b....

is it true that with the Asus A7N8X rev2 and my XP2800+ i can overclock w/out having to unlock it (because they already come unlocked)? Somebody told me on another board so i am just checking...also, how fast (in ghz) can the 2800+ be oc'd to?

is it true that with the Asus A7N8X rev2 and my XP2800+ i can overclock w/out having to unlock it (because they already come unlocked)?

Yes the Asus board unlocks the multipliers for you. You can overclock it even if the multipliers are locked by just upping the front side bus...but yes, they are unlocked.

also, how fast (in ghz) can the 2800+ be oc'd to

It all depends on the chip you get. Some go higher than others. It runs 2.08ghz stock I believe so 2.3ghz isn't out of the question. I've seen them 2.4-2.5 on air cooling. Most Bartons I've seen will allow at least a 300mhz overclock.

you guys are lucky. I can't get doo doo out of my 2800+. then again I believe that maybe motherboard/ ram issues holding me back.

A7V8X and samsung 1gb registered ecc PC2100

how fast u think i can get mine with my corsair pc3200 cas2 ram?

also, if anyone reading this has a 2800+ oc'd, what ghz you running and what are your other related specs?

Edited by kup22r

how fast u think i can get mine with my corsair pc3200 cas2 ram?

also, if anyone reading this has a 2800+ oc'd, what ghz you running and what are your other related specs?

mine is 2500+