NF3 250Gb>Games Stuttering.. Mobo At Fault?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it benches just fine but stutters in games?

this is either a driver problem or a windows problem (or a config problem, or a virus problem or a game problem, or any number of problems, not the least of which COULD be a weak psu...it doesn't have to drop voltages on a sensor to cause plenty of problems...an A64 + 6800/x800 + 2 hdd's + PCI sound = lots of power needed...a wimpy Allied 350w is not really suited for it)

either way, its not a motherboard problem especially if benchmarks work properly...

so it benches just fine but stutters in games?

this is either a driver problem or a windows problem (or a config problem, or a virus problem or a game problem, or any number of problems, not the least of which COULD be a weak psu...it doesn't have to drop voltages on a sensor to cause plenty of problems...an A64 + 6800/x800 + 2 hdd's + PCI sound = lots of power needed...a wimpy Allied 350w is not really suited for it)

either way, its not a motherboard problem especially if benchmarks work properly...

not a driver or windows problem as i have reformatted atleast 30 times in the past months..

ill grab a 450W OCZ modstream.. that should be able to more then handle the power requirements then right?? Output: +3.3V@28A, +5V@45A, +12V@26A, [email protected], -12V@1A, [email protected]

This is not A power supply problem as you should have more problems with the power supply you have. This has to be a game patch or driver issue. Did you use a Nvidia driver cleaner before you loaded ATI video drivers? Try uninstalling all the Nvidia drivers and then reinstalling the board drivers and then the ATI drivers. Also make sure that the onboard audio is disabled and you have the latest SoundBlaster Live drivers.

This is not A power supply problem as you should have more problems with the power supply you have. This has to be a game patch or driver issue. Did you use a Nvidia driver cleaner before you loaded ATI video drivers? Try uninstalling all the Nvidia drivers and then reinstalling the board drivers and then the ATI drivers. Also make sure that the onboard audio is disabled and you have the latest SoundBlaster Live drivers.

heh i reformatted when i swapped graphics cards...

it happens in all games.. ive tried every driver for both card around.. none help.. ive tried every nforce set.. none help.. ive tried everything.. nothing helps.. there has to be something else going on here

heh i reformatted when i swapped graphics cards...

it happens in all games.. ive tried every driver for both card around.. none help.. ive tried every nforce set.. none help.. ive tried everything.. nothing helps.. there has to be something else going on here

Just because Have you tried without the sound blaster live??

and my video card runs at 31C idle and havent seen it go over 40C load..

Little off topic, but here goes! ;)

What cooling are you using on your GPU? Mine sux balls at the moment (~70°C load :sweat: ) Think i need to reseat the Zalman VF700 :P

Little off topic, but here goes! ;)

What cooling are you using on your GPU? Mine sux balls at the moment (~70°C load :sweat: ) Think i need to reseat the Zalman VF700 :P

actually my gpu hits 53C on load.. thats the highest ive seen it.. and im using a arctic cooling ati silencer 5

and yes ive tried with no sound at all installed and it does that same

To me, this sounds more a software issue than a Hardware one. Make sure you have installed the latest patches for the games you play (if patches are available). Also have you tried any of the Omega drivers for your video card? They are supposed to be very stable drivers in comparison to vanilla radeon drivers. I'd give those a go as well. Good luck.

i built this system in december.. originally with a PNY 6800GT as my video card.. well i was getting short skips and stutters while playing games.. like every 10 seconds or so the game would just skip for a half second.. or when i entered new rooms in say halflife 2 or doom 3...

well thinking it may be the video card.. i just traded it yesterday for this X800 PRO VIVO @ 16 pipes...

and this card does the EXACT same thing.. at the EXACT same spots (yes i formatted)

it seems the hdd light is on when it does this..

i have tried disabling the page file.. to no help :/

all my sandra benchmarks have everything looking fine.. and i score 6500 in 3dmark05

i took the pc over to a friends and stuck in one of his ram sticks to take me to 1.5gb.. and it still does the same... even ran a power connector from his psu to my video card.. and it still does the same stuff :(

i am at my wits end here.. and i dont understand what else it can be if its not the video card

what games are you talking about? If it's from EA Games, I'm not surprised.