nF4 Ultra-D system very unstable at stock speeds

This cleared up my cold boot issues:

• Clear CMOS via powerdown/battery/jumper and flash to the 618-1 bios (load optimal after flash)

• Disable and dettach any unnecessary periphs on boot up and through the BIOS

• Try a PS2 or USB keyboard on POST (opposite of what you have now)

• Try your RAM in different slots (mine like Orange)

• Make sure your HDD, CD/DVD, VGA and Fans are on separate PSU connectors if possible

Reading all these Threads in an attempt to help cure some of my problems, i want to ask a question. Has anyone sucessfully built a PC here with a DFI board and had it work first time?

I know the answer is likely to be Yes, because i myself would have never even looked for this forum if i hadnt have had problems but does this not worry any DFI Mobo owners that so many people are having all the same issues?

Guest Shibby

Worry? How many people here have actual problems (ie: not obvious user errors)? How many Lanparty boards does DFI sell? Virtually everyone with problems ends up here, and I'll bet that virtually nobody without problems ends up here. Go to any message boards....I've used the example of my dog in the past. Before I bought him, I went to a Lab Retriever message board, and went to the General Health and Training forums. Reading those, you'd think that every Lab has a myriad of health problems and are completely untrainable. Of the two dozen or so Labs that I know, not one has significant health or training problems. Support forums are a terribly inaccurate cross-section of what goes on in the 'real world'.

FWIW, I know a number of people personally who've recently built up computers using DFI boards, most of whom are relative newbies to o/c and a few haven't even built a computer before. Number of problems so far....zero.

P.S. Not trying to diminish the problems of the people who are having issues...just responding to Pihrana's query.

Hello,

Mine worked instantly.

As with any motherboard manufacturer there will always be some that dont work but also it may be the other components that are failing.

Out of all the boards that have been sold, I am sure the majority of them work.

Plus sometimes it is the user that causes the problems,

How many people have slipped while using a screwdriver and hit the board?

Damage during delivery - lots of careless delivery drivers just toss your parcels around.

And electrostatic damage, lots of people just put the board on any surface and handle it without care.

And this is a place for help so you will see a lot of people with problems post here.

:)

Worry? How many people here have actual problems (ie: not obvious user errors)? How many Lanparty boards does DFI sell? Virtually everyone with problems ends up here, and I'll bet that virtually nobody without problems ends up here. Go to any message boards....I've used the example of my dog in the past. Before I bought him, I went to a Lab Retriever message board, and went to the General Health and Training forums. Reading those, you'd think that every Lab has a myriad of health problems and are completely untrainable. Of the two dozen or so Labs that I know, not one has significant health or training problems. Support forums are a terribly inaccurate cross-section of what goes on in the 'real world'.

FWIW, I know a number of people personally who've recently built up computers using DFI boards, most of whom are relative newbies to o/c and a few haven't even built a computer before. Number of problems so far....zero.

P.S. Not trying to diminish the problems of the people who are having issues...just responding to Pihrana's query.

I totally agree.

Any large support forum has lots of issues and not too many people saying excellent :)

This board does get depressing sometimes wityh error after to error and rants.

tbqh if people did their research properley then they would not experience half the issues that you see here.

I agree with the above :)

Reading all these Threads in an attempt to help cure some of my problems, i want to ask a question. Has anyone sucessfully built a PC here with a DFI board and had it work first time?

I know the answer is likely to be Yes, because i myself would have never even looked for this forum if i hadnt have had problems but does this not worry any DFI Mobo owners that so many people are having all the same issues?

Mine worked fine for 3 months before the first failure (and even now I can't be sure whether that was the board or the RAM). I still think its an excellent board.

Hello,

How much voltage were you previously using on the modules?

I've never gone over 2.9, even though my OCZ warranty is up to 3.0V. On this board 2.9 is about 2.96V anyway because it seems to overvolt a bit. With the settings you gave me, I had the volts at 2.8.

My system always used to POST at 2.6V though. I have posted to the OCZ warranty support forums on this issue because my RAM isn't VX high voltage stuff, and with the 310 BIOS I can POST occasionally (ie maybe once every 10 powerups) with the "bad" stick installed, but it detects it as a 64MB DIMM. My other stick works fine.

I've not seen other posts with those specific symptoms with non VX RAM so I'm not sure if it is entirely the DFI board at fault...