64 bit Windows

Yeah was just gonna post and see if I could get some feed back from you guys on the 64bit version of windows. Seeing in anyone out there has tried it and see how stable it is. Also what kind of program compatability it has, see any problems or greifs anyone has. So just let me know what anyone thinks whether or not it would be something good to do or just a terrible disaster.

Syd

Syd,

General opinions are that unless you really need the 64 bit capabilities (and not many people do at the moment) you are better of sticking with good old 32 bit. I hear there can be problems getting 64 bit drivers for hardware such as printers / scanners etc as well, so you could end up with kit that won't work... :sad:If you really want to give it a go I would suggest setting up a dual-boot system with your current o.s. then at least you can have a play without messing up your tried and tested rig. I'm sure we'll all be running it eventually, but we might as well give it time for all the compatibility issues to be ironed out before taking the plunge. Hope this helps.

You should stay with 32bit man, I was also going to run 64 ed but before i did i called DFI tech support and was told "although the drivers are availible the results are finicky at best" sure he didnt say those exact words as his english was very broken but he did say the phrase "50/50" so i opted to stay 32 bit. AND YES I ACTUALLY CALLED DFI. thier contact info is on the web site.

well i have install right now for my rig and my dad's rig. It works really good for me all the drivers that i needed are in 64 bit, the only driver i cannot find is about my webcam a ezonics usb III, but the Ati driver, nforce 4 drivers and audigy are 64 bit.

And Windows XP X 64 is built from Windows 2003, so Windows XP X 64 is a Windows 2003 that can handle 64 bit that's it.