Sign in to follow this  
Athlon64@2.6GHz

DFI nF4 mobo MOSFET Get eXtremely HOT!

once I set JP17 from 1-2 to 2-3, there a MOSFET get extremely hot, which located at the upper right of the mobo. and there are there capacitors very close to it also get very hot. I think they are around 90 degree!!

So I afraid if these components alwasy working under such hot condition, the mobo will die one day.

Does any one here use JP17 2-3 for more than 4 months without problems??? Please tell me whether you using a fan to cool it and what vDIMM you set it.

hey dang mine too is this normal? and i have the crossflow fan right there beside it and its still so hot:( is this okey? and i thot my ram was hot?!?

That's the 5V jumper, right (if not, ignore the following)?

That mosfet is getting one hell of a workout, so it will get extremely hot. Instead of lowering 3.3V to 3.2V, you guys are having it lower 5V to 3.2V.

If you aren't going over 3.2, don't use that jumper. If you are using it, active cooling directly on it and the RAM is necessary.

Guest viking
That's the 5V jumper, right (if not, ignore the following)?

That mosfet is getting one hell of a workout, so it will get extremely hot. Instead of lowering 3.3V to 3.2V, you guys are having it lower 5V to 3.2V.

If you aren't going over 3.2, don't use that jumper. If you are using it, active cooling directly on it and the RAM is necessary.

emm dose that mean if they used 3.4 or 3.5v it wouldnt get so hot as if they use 3.3v on 5v ?

once I set JP17 from 1-2 to 2-3, there a MOSFET get extremely hot, which located at the upper right of the mobo. and there are there capacitors very close to it also get very hot. I think they are around 90 degree!!

So I afraid if these components alwasy working under such hot condition, the mobo will die one day.

Does any one here use JP17 2-3 for more than 4 months without problems??? Please tell me whether you using a fan to cool it and what vDIMM you set it.

put a fan in the area and or make sure that area has airflow. i have been using +5 feed for more then 4 months (@3.4v). no issues as of current for me.

So what your saying is the higher the volt on the ram the cooler the mosfet will be? right now at 3.2 its really burning hot on the mosfet but the ram is not that hot around 40 while running memtest the reason i have it on the jumper is because without the jumper i cant get it stable coz even if i put it to 3.2 it only gives out 3.17 :( i gues my rails suck :(

So what your saying is the higher the volt on the ram the cooler the mosfet will be? right now at 3.2 its really burning hot on the mosfet but the ram is not that hot around 40 while running memtest the reason i have it on the jumper is because without the jumper i cant get it stable coz even if i put it to 3.2 it only gives out 3.17 :( i gues my rails suck :(

pls do not go below 3.3 while on +5 feed. if you would like 3.2, use +3 feed.

Like said above..

ONLY USE THE 5V FEED IF YOUR USING 3.3vdimm OR HIGHER PERIOD !!

If you plan on using 3.3v or higher it is highly recommended to actively cool your ram AND have a fan to cool the top of the mobo..

If your using 3.2vdimm running off the 3.3v rail and its reading below 3.2v.. Then most likely your 3.3v rail needs to be raised a little or your psu is weak..