I Got A Question!

Brentington

Ok, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but, whenever I overclock my processor F@h just sits there and "sleeps" thats what it says when you hold the mouse cursor over it. So, from my usual 3.2 Ghz, I am locked in at 2.9Ghz and it seems to be working fine. For about a months time I sat there and had it overclocked at 3.2Ghz, and it worked fine, but after that it pulls this "sleeping" junk. Does anybody know anything about this? Any for of input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Are you running any other processes at the same time (which you may or may not have been added in the last month)?

I tried to run Seti@home concurrently with F@h, and found that it looked like it was cruising but after an hour had got nowhere (maybe sleeping?).

Anyways I opened the configure option screen (from right clicking on the icon in taskbar) and set the core priority to its highest (in advanced section), and while I was there, I also disabled the highly optimized assembly code, you can also set your CPU usage percentage from this option screen.

The long & the short of it, I now could run them both (but don't anymore - too slow!).

Just a suggestion.

B)

command line runs in a DOS console or the shell (if running linux) - sence it dosent have to compute anything extra you get more WU per hour or day. My recomendation - switch to the CLI (Command Line Interface if you dont know yet)