Sign in to follow this  
Gaara v2.0

Boot failed

:confused: well i finally assembled my new pc, and unfortunately i am having many problems. first of all, when i boot up, i do see all frontx lights come on, first the top one, then all the way down, from what i read in the manual, it is detecting everything. I also get a single beep, i have a link here that shows what screen i am stuck at after booting each time.

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/DSCF0020.JPG

my floppy light stays on too, i think that means the cable is on wrong? plz help guys, thx bunches

thank u very much for the replies guys

yeah i am going to try to fix that floppy problem shortly. but what does that "PXE-E61 : Media Test Failure, check cable" mean? obviously something with the cable, u know what i think it is, i rememer i tried taking out the data cable on my sata dvd plextor drive, and it wasetn comign out, and i started tryin to pry it off, but i still couldnt get it off, it now looks like its stretched, and its coming apart, so im thinking maybe thats it, im gonna try messing around with it.

btw, i havent even seen the bios screen yet, i see the DFI lan party screen, then flashes a few other screens too fast for me to see, and then it goes to the black screen, scanning all my components. but what is that Media test failure ? thx again

well i managed to get things working. thx square, i did switch to the other set of ports and am now using SATA1 jp2 . now it sees it, i fixed the floppy cable, i had the pin1 on the opposite side ( dum i know )

is there a way i can install those raid/sata drivers even after i have already installed windows? because i missed it the first time around. also, how do u xp to recognize the hdd's over 130GB, i have a maxtor diamondmax 10 300GB, and it still said 130. i heard that sp1 will automatically sense it, but i only have a standard xp pro disc with no sp1 or sp2. is this correct? thx for all the help guys, very helpful

but i only have a standard xp pro disc with no sp1 or sp2. is this correct? thx for all the help guys, very helpful

You really should have looked in the stickys for the HOW TO SLIPSTREAM and slipstreamed SP2 into the install CD so that it would ALREADY be there after install and SP2 would not be loaded on top of all the other already there stuff as a real hedge against problems later and the full drive size would have been recognized from the 'start'.

One sata drive NOT in raid requires no special drivers off of floppy.

RGone...