Stability Problems

Guest kris_merged

I have been having problems with the rig in my sig. At first I had no problems then while doing some Overclocking I managed to mess up my windows installation. Since reinstalling windows I have had random BSOD's. It is very frustrating because I can run the same apps and have no problems but then open up firefox and bam BSOD. It has done this running Doom3 once since the reinstallation of windows and once when using dvd shrink and once when opening firefox. Also windows now detects my HD at 186GB instead of 200GB??!!

Also windows now detects my HD at 186GB instead of 200GB??!!

this is pretty normal b/c HD manufaturers rate their sizes in bytes (to make it sount better). For example my 120 GB WD hard drive shows in properties window shows:

Capacity 120,031,477,760 Bytes 111 GB

as for the stability problems are you able to pass memtest? I assume if windows is having trouble you can't run prime. perhaps look in the OC data base and try somone elses settings ...

Thats the weird part I have run memtest, prime for 18hrs, Super pi and prime together for 2hours at a time with out problems overclocked and stock and the next time I use the rig it will BSOD on something I consider mundane! My temps appear to be ok and my case has good air flow so I am not sure what is causing this seemingly random instability.

Just Flashed! Drive is now reported at 200GB! Will post back if it looks like stability is better.