Sign in to follow this  
p0tter

Which is water additives is best ?

I should have all my parts for the system this weekend, expect the water additive. I have some Reline water wetter hanging out in my garage (works well for cars :nod: ). I wouldnt mind UV dye, but looking for the best performance. Thanks !

I'd say HydrX(it's UV reactive) ummm water weter or w/e leaves residue in the cpu/gpu blocks, causing resistance. Yah, hyrdx would be your best bet, it's like 1.99$ a bottle, 1 bottle for every litter i think. Also, it kills like algae and stuff.

[quote name='wangerin']Thanks, Ill order a bottle today. :)[/quote]

Might need more than a bottle. I know i did, i guess it all depends on your how long your loop is. BTW this thing is like a 20oz bottle, don't let the picture fool you in size.

The best additive is none. However if you mix any types of metals (i.e. use copper as well as aluminum) then you'll want something to combat corrision like antifreeze.

[quote name='lowfat']The best additive is none. However if you mix any types of metals (i.e. use copper as well as aluminum) then you'll want something to combat corrision like antifreeze.[/quote]

yep , i use zerex b/c that what that recommended for my pump

[quote name='LoN3R']yep , i use zerex b/c that what that recommended for my pump[/quote]

Do you know the mix ratio for the zerex and distilled water?

I have a small bottle A_G sent me not sure how to mix it...

[quote name='Mott13']Do you know the mix ratio for the zerex and distilled water?

I have a small bottle A_G sent me not sure how to mix it...[/quote]

lemme look around a bit here

the best thing to do is water wetter and a bit of anti-freeze together. for water die, don't use any for about the first month to make finding deposits and build up easier, but if you are sure you're not getting any corrosion or anything, get you a flourescent highlighter at your local walmart and squeeze the ink into your res. this will cause everything in your system to be stained of course, but gives about the best results as far as changing the color of your water to what you want.

you can chose to be less hard core than that, but all in all people will say that water wetter sucks. that's not true, it can decrease your temps by up to 5C -- what sucks is water wetter and water straight up, nothing else. if you add some anti-freeze, it will keep your system nice and happy and corrosion free.

[quote name='wangerin']Thanks, am going to go with water wetter, distilled water and some zerex mix. Waiting for my water pump.[/quote]

water wetter and zerex are for most parts the same thing, You should only need one or the other.

zerex racing super coolant

5% zerex if no mixed metals
15% zerex if mixed metals (aluminum and copper)

if you want to save some $ check out this thread at XS

[url="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60198"]zerex thread[/url]