Sign in to follow this  
Evohybrid

Corsair woes....

I just finished my rig and for the love of god I couldn't boot into Window XP setup screen where I format the drives. After 8 hours of frustration, I finally figured out it was my memory sticks causing the freeze. After taken off one stick, I breeze through the setup process and enjoyed my new machine.

I really want to get both of my memory stick working. The Corsair memory sticks I have are TwinX2048-3200C2PT 2GB of ram ( 1GB on each stick) with timing of 2.5-3-3-6.

I never knew about this problem prior buying DFI Lanparty board or else I might of chosed another brand. Could someone please let me know how should I resolve this matter?

I am using bios 510-2 and that has really helped with my RAM. I have had no issue's. Keep in mind though, I am not OC'ing at this time.

I can also give you some suggestions on how to setup your RAM in bios genie.

Same thing here, i resolve the problem by changing the "Command Per Clock" to Disable in the Genie BIOS Section.

Thanks for all your support but I am really new to memory timing. I usually never overclocks but this dilima made me a stronger computer man.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction. I know how to change memory timing but I just don't know what to put in. Changing to 2T wouldn't make the timing even more aggressive? I thought maybe I should relax the timing more, I dunno, I'm noobing.

Where do you get the 510-2 bios? I already flashed the newest bios I can find but I don't know if it's the one you are talking about.

Some one please help!! :confused:

Same thing here, i resolve the problem by changing the "Command Per Clock" to Disable in the Genie BIOS Section.

You have the same Corsair memory as I do? Please share some more information!!

Thanks for all your support but I am really new to memory timing. I usually never overclocks but this dilima made me a stronger computer man.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction. I know how to change memory timing but I just don't know what to put in. Changing to 2T wouldn't make the timing even more aggressive? I thought maybe I should relax the timing more, I dunno, I'm noobing.

Where do you get the 510-2 bios? I already flashed the newest bios I can find but I don't know if it's the one you are talking about.

Some one please help!!

^

|

|

|

Some one please help!! :confused:

In genie bios they have a line called " command Per Clock" Choose disable and that is 2T ;). Bioses are located here http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

I finally had time to mess with my rig alittle more.

Interesting thing is in the Genie bios section, i don't have a line call " commend per clock". Is there something else that might be the same thing? Weird.....

Help please!!

I see "Cas latency" and other settings but nothing for me to select disable.

Thanks....

No setting to 'change' command per clock is NOT visible with AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1mb 90nm San Diego rev. E and the official bioses so far. Takes use of beta bios to reveal that command per clock setting at this time with that processor.

RGone...

I fixed it!! Turned out the 510-2 bios allows me to disable the Command per clock!! Thank you guys for all the help!!

Steve