Sign in to follow this  
will1

will using corsair ram at 3.10v burn out sooner than later.

corsair ram has to be set to 3.1v to be able to boot in dual channel mode. corsair recommends using up to 2.9v. will iI be left with a board with two slots burnt throughit. I s this the only way to be able to use this board in dual channel mode.

I am on the same place that you are but I have the XMS 3200C2PT I been using 3.0 vt but still can't get to pass 222x9 is freaking frustating, I got back to 2.8 while I figure out a way to cool more the mem or burn them for a while one day

thats tccd? don't bother going higher than about 2.8V it won't help. just loosen the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 and then see how far it goes. if its winbond bh-5 based then bump up the volts to 3.2V and see how it goes (best not to use 5V jumper given all reports of dead memory sticks regardless of what DFI say). Either way its ram doesn't make much difference to performance generally since games are all gpu/cpu limited unless you decide for some reason to run @ low res no AA/AF.

corsair ram has to be set to 3.1v to be able to boot in dual channel mode. corsair recommends using up to 2.9v. will iI be left with a board with two slots burnt throughit. I s this the only way to be able to use this board in dual channel mode.

Your ram is TCCD and going over 2.9V will void your warranty, and probably fry them, eventually :shake:

If you get a 120mm fan hitting them directly, you'll not only help keep the ram cooler, but it should help you find stability, where you were previously unstable :nod:

I have a buyer for my Corsair 3200xl's and am glad to be rid of them, they were not happy in my Ultra-D :shake:

I have a buyer for my Corsair 3200xl's and am glad to be rid of them, they were not happy in my Ultra-D :shake:

Glad you had some success mR. Veggie sIr. Hehehehehehe. :D

RGone...

:angel: :nod:

yeah make sure you get some "sure nuff" ram not the "wonk" stuff. :-)

True that.

SnooP

Some TCCD does seem to need more than 2.9 look at the AndyOCZ's recomendations. Fan would be a must though.

depend on which bios u r on....

-1 bios need no more than 2.7v for me even up to 300Mhz...

-3 bios need 3.0v to run sweetly...