Help a noobie get up and running with basic probs..

Hi

Hoping you guys can walk me through some of the basic probs I have....

I have started reading the stickies etc (and excellent they look) but at the moment I am not really getting out of the starting blocks....

Managed to get board to post almost all the time with my corsair 4400 memory by upping the vdimm to 2.8

However, I read posts on problems with bioses/memory. I am struggling to even found out what I have !. I have no sticker on the last PCI slot and the only place I can see anything is on post at bottom of screen.

I get 03/10/2005-nf-ck804-6a61fd49c-00

Is the 00 the revision (Surprised if so as only just bought this a couple days ago)

I have made an CD from ISO with the bios update from **So tired from last night I can't remember :drool: **

I was about to update the BIOS to see if it improves thinks.

I would like to know what version I have, and best to goto first though :confused:

Edit: Found link for BIOS bootup CD : Here

The date is the version, unless you downloaded a custom BIOS from someone other than DFI.

I'm not sure what the best version would be for you. I'm on 4/14-3, but I know a lot of people like the 5/10. For later BIOS, you will see a -1, -2, -3 after them. They represent what RAM table is used. You'll have to search around for specifics.