Sign in to follow this  
Computerman41

Corsair Memory Problems?

you feel that your memory is superior just because it says Corsair on the heatspreader????

memory is memory...they all make it the same...they buy IC's in bulk from the chip mfg's and then 90% of the 'memory companies' have a third-party actually put the IC's on pcb and bin them.

it always makes me laugh when someone thinks that a brand is superior in quality to anything else...it is really about the same as any other memory...it is the support that should sell you (and the 3 companies that have a rep here are what i consider top-notch support)

not that others are crappy cuz they dont have a rep here

Corsair, Mushkin, Kingston, GEIL, PDP, Gskill etc...they all make the exact same memory with the exact same IC's on the exact same PCB with almost the exact same SPD settings...(it is almost always Corsair's SPD that trips up these DFI boards)

I find it superior because it cost me $320 AUSD and it can do 310 2.5-4-4-8 with 2.9v, GSKILL will cost me atleast another $150AUSD.

Centon TCCD is probably about half that price and will do 310 @ 2.5-3-8-3

OCZ Plat rev2 / 4200EL / 4800 = will do 310 @ 2.5-3-8-3

(ie ANY TCCD on brainpower will do right around 300...but high HTT is not what you should be shooting for...you should be shooting for max cpu mhz since memory bandwidth is practically useless compared the A64's cpu mhz)

@ orig3n; 2drunk2funk; computerman41: Please put your complete computer specs in your signature under "user cp". ty.

just change to venice and running w corsair xms3200xlpt...

okay here till 305Mhz @2.5-4-3-7-1T @3.0v..no cold boot here...

I've got a LANParty UT NF4 Ultra-D / Venice 3200+ arriving on Monday. I intend to use my existing Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL v1.1 RAM (which I believe is BH5).

Does anyone know whether or not I'll get problems with this?

Also, I was planning on flashing to the official 310 BIOS, unless it arrives with that BIOS already. Will that BIOS be OK? I keep reading stuff about people using the 510-1/2 beta BIOS, but won't I invalidate my warranty if I use this?

One more thing. Do I need to use DIMM slots 2 and 4, instead of 1 and 3?

I know that OCZ now uses TCC5 instead of TCCD in their Platinum Revision 2 Series. Could someone please tell me if TCC5 is inferior to TCCD and why? Thank you.

Have my specs in sig now.

Seems to be running ok at moment. I have flashed to 5/10-3

Update the memory to 2.8 in bios. That is all I have done so far. I have to read up on settings I can get out of my rig. So long since I overclocked, and things have changed.

I got the xms4400 so I could get the max from this diego 3700 and memory.

Sig done :) i have been playing with the settings but this ram simply wont play ball with this board, i can run memtest for as long as i want but it will still randomly BSOD in windows and its definately the ram :confused:

Thanks for the help but i love my ram too much to part with it and loose money on it, Asus A8N Premium just came out here and they have never let me down so i think ill make the move back :nod:

I have corsair memory (see sig) when I built my PC I had trouble booting with 2 sticks, It worked wonders with only 1, I then checked the bios to realise that it was on 2.6v, I put it up to 2.9 and then it worked a treat :)

Please update your bios to the beta version 5/10-2 this will help solve your headaches as it did with me, i am running my TWINX1024-3200C2PT @ 2-2-5-2 DDR401mhz 2.7v memtest v1.55 approved :nod: here is a Resized SS:

memoryresizeMedium.jpg