Corsair Memory Problems?

There seem to be problems with Corsair memory and the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR from what I've read on these forums. Is this true? What are the problems specifically, and will I experience them if I run only at stock speeds and don't overclock? Thank you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno exactly what you got (make a signature with your specs) but I can tell ya right now that Value Select is not working very nicely for me. I'm getting the cold boot issue mentioned in a couple of the active threads as well as the sticky. Recently, my memtest came back and told me that I had six errors on 14 passes of the whole loop, all in test 5, two each in passes 0, 7, and 12. Odd that 5 would cause problems but not 8. But I digress.

Corsair Value Select is not that much fun for me so far. Too random as to what you're getting.

J

I'm getting the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR mainboard, Athlon64 X2 4400+ (Dual Core), either an OCZ PowerStream 600W or Enermax Noisetaker 600W (Not sure which one to get; if someone could advise me on this, that would be great, as the Enermax has two +12V rails and on each has 18A, and I'm not sure if this is enough, and the OCZ has 20A on one rail and I'm not sure how much on the other), Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPRO 2x512 DDR400 (the memory in question) and that's about it for the important specs. Could someone please advise me on whether I will have issues with this memory running at stock speeds? Thank you.

Just started building new rig.

Will not boot up properly. Stops with 2 or 3 red lights on mobo.

Done cmos reset, cold boot. warm boot.

Get mixed results.

Sometimes stops before ide detection, sometimes afterward :(

Got 2x512mb corsaor 4400 memory. Tried with 1 stick in slot 1... no joy

Will not even go into bios sometime. Seems completely random.

I did at one point, start installing windows xp but then got BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Got lanparty NF4 ultra

Is Revision level the last 2 digits on post info? I got 00 at end (Date 3/10/2005)

cheesed off, it's it awful

Just started building new rig.

Will not boot up properly. Stops with 2 or 3 red lights on mobo.

Done cmos reset, cold boot. warm boot.

Get mixed results.

Sometimes stops before ide detection, sometimes afterward :(

Got 2x512mb corsaor 4400 memory. Tried with 1 stick in slot 1... no joy

Will not even go into bios sometime. Seems completely random.

I did at one point, start installing windows xp but then got BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Got lanparty NF4 ultra

Is Revision level the last 2 digits on post info? I got 00 at end (Date 3/10/2005)

cheesed off, it's it awful

Same here, corsair TWINX4400C2.5 and i get random BSOD's, reboots during startup, you name it...

I think its about time someone owns up to this as i have RMA'd my ram and the problems continue, never have i paid so much for a mainboard with this many issues, i wont be doing it again either :angel:

neither Rgone nor I have any current Corsair memory. We do however have plenty of OCZ, Buffalo, and Crucial memory, as well as reps from all 3 of those companies that frequent these forums. We suggest using memory that not is known to work (and the settings involved) by the techs and respected users, and we also suggest sticking to a company that has front-and-center support in these forums for mutual customers.

if you know a rep from a memory company, please feel free to have him/her/them/they (lol) contact me...we will gladly promote any company's product that both RGone and I have and can receive support for/from.

I used the OS installation guide sticky and then updated the bios to 510-1. I spent a couple of hours playing in the bios setting ram timings and now have a pretty stable setup! I dont think that this board has problems with corsair memory, its just a very hands on board, where you have to tweak and play with all the settings to get the very best out of it.

neither Rgone nor I have any current Corsair memory. We do however have plenty of OCZ, Buffalo, and Crucial memory, as well as reps from all 3 of those companies that frequent these forums. We suggest using memory that not is known to work (and the settings involved) by the techs and respected users, and we also suggest sticking to a company that has front-and-center support in these forums for mutual customers.

if you know a rep from a memory company, please feel free to have him/her/them/they (lol) contact me...we will gladly promote any company's product that both RGone and I have and can receive support for/from.

Thats the problem though, its hard to know what ram will work when you buy the mainboard the day it comes out ;) now i have to sell off my ram and fork out even more for ram i find inferior.

now i have to sell off my ram and fork out even more for ram i find inferior.

you feel that your memory is superior just because it says Corsair on the heatspreader????

memory is memory...they all make it the same...they buy IC's in bulk from the chip mfg's and then 90% of the 'memory companies' have a third-party actually put the IC's on pcb and bin them.

it always makes me laugh when someone thinks that a brand is superior in quality to anything else...it is really about the same as any other memory...it is the support that should sell you (and the 3 companies that have a rep here are what i consider top-notch support)

not that others are crappy cuz they dont have a rep here

Corsair, Mushkin, Kingston, GEIL, PDP, Gskill etc...they all make the exact same memory with the exact same IC's on the exact same PCB with almost the exact same SPD settings...(it is almost always Corsair's SPD that trips up these DFI boards)