Battlefield 2 multi/singleplayer demo!

Angry_Games

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its basically Desert Combat (with iron sights thank god)

it really doesn't look all that good (i've got it running at 1024x768@85Hz, EVERYTHING on Highest quality, 2xAA/8xAF)

looks like...updated Desert Combat....

plays like...Desert Combat

feels like...Desert Combat

why didn't they just call it...Desert Combat?

Desert Combat was the model they used so you should expect it to have a similar feel.

Don't forget that a whole host of features are turned off in the demo.

I hear the full version will be released Tuesday. LOL

Don't forget that a whole host of features are turned off in the demo.

not really...the graphics engine doesn't have anything turned off, mainly maps, vehicles only.

im not impressed at all with BF2's graphics...the BF engines have always kinda sucked pretty hard but oh well...

I did get my F.E.A.R. multiplayer beta account setup (booyah! now this game LOOKS fantastic!)

the Unreal3 engine that will power MANY next-gen games as well as PC games is going to rock and roll...I've seen a preview of it in action and it is really what a 'battlefield' game should be built on...

You're addressing the graphics specifically.

I was addressing the game play specifially.

I smacked some guys on a German server this morning. By the second game they were accusing me of having a hack. lol On a demo! LOL

i got to play it a for a few minutes again on my SLI 6600GT's, and even using the 77.13 betas, there are still problems with the ground textures AND the shadows...shadows are not being drawn properly.

checked it on momma's FX55 +X850XT PE and its very very nice...too bad her monitor HATES 1280x960 =(

but nice means 'looks good and doesn't have the problems that the SLI rig has'

it doesn't mean 'looks freakin fantastic!' (but to say it looks a lot better than Desert Combat would be a true statement!)

*ahem*

its saturday...ive got a dead X800 Pro AGP (AND A 939 AGP BOARD COMING NEXT WEEEEEEK!!!!! WTF!)

but im gonna try to play between testing these customer rigs

mebbe find me a good server in the NW to play on (if i can be bothered to turn BT off that is)

babble babble

me and ViperJohn babbled on teh phone for more than an hour haha...

yap yap yap yap

No problems with Grapfics myself looks fantastic really though I let them upgrade my NVIDIA drivers with the install of the game demo. I am on 1600x1200 with everything to max. I wish I did not have to go to work. :rolleyes:

Some of the controlles seem funny though that may be because I was playing San Andreas and the controles are very funny on that game.

I will be very happy when the Consoles get up to speed hopfully the ports will be a little better once they start using a keyboard and mouce with them.

its basically Desert Combat (with iron sights thank god)

it really doesn't look all that good (i've got it running at 1024x768@85Hz, EVERYTHING on Highest quality, 2xAA/8xAF)

looks like...updated Desert Combat....

plays like...Desert Combat

feels like...Desert Combat

why didn't they just call it...Desert Combat?

Check the credits, you'll see that Trauma Studios, who did DC (a mod) are credited with some R&D. Trauma merged with Dice, and is currently working on another project with them, but alot of thier DC knowledge went into BF2. Trauma still holds exclusive rights to the name Desert Combat and will always do so.

Open invite to anyone to join the =LORD=Server 66.135.38.216 currently running at 48 players, may push it to 64 if it keeps running smooth.