Sign in to follow this  
mash996

Occt ?

I just ran an OCCT in torture mode test and it ran for like few seconds and gave me unstabilty error and it aborted. Saying that CPU generated some errors but it might ok to use for day to day use.

My question is what test do you run with OCCT?

Also if there is any ideas how to fix this problem, I would really apprecaite it.

At the moment runnig 297 * 8.5 and memory @ 2.5-3-3-7 the rest of the info in the sig.

Thanks.

Are you running one or two sticks of that memory and are you running 1:1? Cuz if it is two sticks up in that high FSB zone I'm willing to bet it aint as stable as you think...

there seem to be problems running the .5 multis for cpu, i guess it cuases problems with the ram frequencies. you might want to try using the 8 or 9 multi instead.

Are you running one or two sticks of that memory and are you running 1:1? Cuz if it is two sticks up in that high FSB zone I'm willing to bet it aint as stable as you think...

I'm running two sticks....Ran memtest at leat for 6+ hours with out any errors.

there seem to be problems running the .5 multis for cpu, i guess it cuases problems with the ram frequencies. you might want to try using the 8 or 9 multi instead.

I remember reading about that somewhere in here b4, I'm going to try the 8 or 9 and will post the results.

Droped the .5...The 9 was a no go, it kept trying to boot...The 8 is running now and OCCT is around 5% through the stability test.

If it passes the stability test, this mean it's a good OC or should it also pass the OCCT Torture test?

I'm still planning to run the prime95.

I noticed some kind of time lag when shutting down the computer or rebooting, like the windows shutting down comes on for a while before it shuts down completely or reboots, is that normal?

I use the 30 minute occt for a quick spot check and also run some 3D benchies. If it gets thru those then it's on to prime time which 9 times out of 10 fails because everything is at the nats butt egde of being stable to begin with.

Have you gone through this sticky to try and find your max cpu and your max memory independently of each other?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960

If you haven't done something resembling the above then you will be spinning your wheels for some time to come...hopefully learning something along the way but spinning in circles none the less...

I came across this guide, but did not have the time to sit and read it as I just finished my build lst weekend. I just started off with one of the bleeding edge setting and started adjusting the multi and the FSB and test it through memtest jsut to check the limit of which I can push my memory I was able to pass memtest at 300 letting it run overnight.

Just today started testing raising the multi up and down in windows.

This weekend projext is to go over and read this guide...

Thanks for the advice.

Just finished the OOCT test, gonna do some super pi and benches to see...

Memtest is good for pushing your memory around to see what it can do but all bets are off once you get into testing in Windows...

Good luck and have fun learning...

Sometimes I'll let OCCT torture run for a couple hrs or more,if I want quicker results,but I've passed the 2hr+ OCCT and failed prime,then again passed prime 8hrs+ and then failed OCCT

Sometimes I'll let OCCT torture run for a couple hrs or more,if I want quicker results,but I've passed the 2hr+ OCCT and failed prime,then again passed prime 8hrs+ and then failed OCCT

I'm finding that occt is really only good for the spot check (for me)...Kinda like memtest is a good tool but should not be used for the "Dude! it's not my memory, it passes memtest" statement I've seen around here :) Once I figure out why my 3DM05 won't let me select the "loop" feature (paid for and registered) I'll be adding that to the overnight list of cruel and unusual punishment for my puter...