Sign in to follow this  
bmanilow

iPOD battery dead w/ new mobo?!

Hello all,

using the built in firewire port on my DFI UT-SLI DR, my ipod battery is dead every morning if i power down the system and leave it in the firewire docking station. it appears as if the system is leeching the battery when its powered down?

this never occured when using a seperate firewire card on my old system nforce2 system

is there some king of setting in the bios to resolve this? any tips would be appreciated...and yes i have the newest chipset drivers/5-10 bios/windows sp2 & all hotfixes

done :) tho i dont think how its really related to anything besides the mobo and possibly a bios setting

hmm.. strange.. dunno.. might have to have one of the bios masters look at this one.

i have all most the same problem. if i leave my gsmart mini connetted to the usb in the moringing the battery is dead. and i am using the dell 4100.

Sounds like the stuff needs unplugging then and not left hooked up all the time if even a Delluhdoit.

RGone...

not sure if this will help, but this is an email i received from TW today:

2. The default settings on JP5 and JP6 are shorted 1~2 (USB 5 V). To short 2~3 (USB 5V SB) is meaningless since NF4 series M/B don’t support “power on by USB keyboard or mouse”. The only purpose to short 2~3 USB 5VSB is to work as a charger for USB device like digital camera.

done :) tho i dont think how its really related to anything besides the mobo and possibly a bios setting

just in case you have other problems the moderator of the site likes you to have a sig. :nod:

Don't know about the Dell, but does the iPod still work with the old system? Apple just released a $50 voucher for failing batteries (to avoid class action suit).

yes the iPOD works fine when charged with external charger, or using the exact same docking station in my old pc via a 10 dollar firewire card.

issue only occurs with the DFI mobo firewire port, 3 consecutive nights with the system off the battery is completely dead the next day.

why would the mobo firewire port be leeching the iPODs battery?