help: having problems with newly built system.

Hi all. Great forum you have here. I am having a small problem with my newly built system. The specs include:

DFI: NF4 SLI-DR motherboard

AMD 4000+ Processor ( ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan )

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum System Memory

2x Maxtor 300 GIG SATA 16mb cache hard drives

BFG 6800 GT PCIx

SoundBlaster Audigy 2 oem

Pioneer A09 DVD BURNER

NOTE: I have yet to update bios. so i'm currently using the bios that it came with straight out of the box ( i don't know the revision number because i am at work at the moment)

The first problem i noticed that when trying to install windows Xp it was extremely slow booting off of the cd.. loading the files neccessary for setup.. (i tried a different cd-rom) Once i finally get into setup. i do a Quick format FOR NTFS.. and right after it starts to load files neccessary for the XP setup it crashes into a blue screen..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

yes i have XP with SP2 integrated.. and using that to install.

edit: i am fairly literate so don't be afraid to throw something out there that is advance. to my experience something tells me it's out dated bios conflicting with the memory or the memory sticks are faulty?

killerjay: has it been confirmed that the shipping bios is unstable with certain manufacturers of memory sticks?

ie.. my memory might not be stable with the current bios version and upgrading could solve the problem?

My suggestion is to go out and buy a floppy drive they with multi memory card reader .They can be had for $20-$30 down load the 310 bios and flash your mb.Like killerjay 47 said run memtest after the bios flash 310 has memtest loaded onto it under the Genie settings.Good luck

Check your bios version. It will be in the lower left corner of your display when it starts posting. You will need to disable the logo splash screen first. Go into bios and under advanced bios features, scroll to the bottom, set "full screen logo show" to disable, and Save (f10). You need at least 310 bios version.