[RESOLVED]ADJUST VIDEO SETTINGS>> NF4 SLI> Game FAR CRY crash

Well I just don't understand... Prime95 runs flawlessly for hours, Memtest86 completes all tests with out errors, all games run perfectly for hours... but once I start Far Cry the game crash a couple of minutes after I started it.

I have the latest version of the game installed, and I am using the Forceware 76.41 beta drivers... which might be the source of the problems. Its funny, Half Life2 or any other Direct3D games, and all OGL too, run quite well... yet Far Cry does not. :rolleyes:

Anyone has a clue about this... should I try with less overclocking? right now the only thing overclocked in my system is the CPU and RAM, video cards are running stock.

Also, is this the right place to ask such "game" questions?? I believe Angry Games will come and post one of his "charming" messages at me :shake:

Joking, AG always helps :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have the 1.31 version of the game installed... funny but with 1.00 (right from the CD(s)) the game was ok, but back then the video driver I was using was 71.89.

Would all my modified game profiles be lost with a diferent driver?

try to find where your profiles are on the harddrive and back them up, that way if a new driver doesn' t fix the problem, you can go back to the beta driver and have your profiles.

changing the patch version will make your game saves not working, but changing the display driver won't change a thing. Try lowering your overclocks. Far Cry is a pretty intense game, and when I pushed my crappy memory too hard it would crash at various intervals. I noticed no difference with far cry when overclocking, as far as performance, but other games benefitted well from it.

Ahh Marlando, I see you have an ATI X800XT which means you don't have a clue of how the nVidia drivers works, which is a blessing btw... good for you :P

With the nVidia drivers you adjust the graphic settings (FSAA, Aniso, Textures, Vsync, and others) for each game, this so the global settings do not interfere with the game options. Its like a cheap version of Radlinker, minus the individual overclocking capabilities of course.

I trully miss Radlinker and ATItool... even if one of my computers has a Radeon 9800XT, the SLI one really lacks a lot of options. Also the stability of ATI or Omega drivers :sad:

Wait, does Omega make drivers for nVidia cards??? Yes they do, but they are based on the 66.93 forceware? :confused:

So you suggest it might be the overclock... it could be, but its hard to accept a game has superior sensitivity than Prime95 at "In-place Large FFTs" test (max priority). A friend says the same thing, will check that out as it is easier to go back on the overclock with CMOS Reloaded

I use the 71.89 drivers and I don't have a problem.

If you want to backup your profiles within your drivers, then I think there is a app called nHancer (I think) that does it.

Have you tried any Beta drivers Zeus?

I was thinking that there is no performance increase and might be more stable to run with the official release instead. What do you think?

Also, do you have any chipset temperature problems with the two 6800GT's?

Ahh Marlando, I see you have an ATI X800XT which means you don't have a clue of how the nVidia drivers works, which is a blessing btw... good for you :P

With the nVidia drivers you adjust the graphic settings (FSAA, Aniso, Textures, Vsync, and others) for each game, this so the global settings do not interfere with the game options. Its like a cheap version of Radlinker, minus the individual overclocking capabilities of course.

I trully miss Radlinker and ATItool... even if one of my computers has a Radeon 9800XT, the SLI one really lacks a lot of options. Also the stability of ATI or Omega drivers :sad:

Wait, does Omega make drivers for nVidia cards??? Yes they do, but they are based on the 66.93 forceware? :confused:

So you suggest it might be the overclock... it could be, but its hard to accept a game has superior sensitivity than Prime95 at "In-place Large FFTs" test (max priority). A friend says the same thing, will check that out as it is easier to go back on the overclock with CMOS Reloaded

video overclock?

Beta Nvidia video drivers have never worked for me.. letalone "nvidia drivers".. thats why ive been staying as far away as possible...

Prim95 wont test video stability.... only CPU/memory.. ;) a good loop of 3d banchies will confirm 3d stability.

I've used nvidia products before, and I don't see how you could judge my comprehension of nvidia's driver without any prior knowledge of my experience with nvidia. ATI's graphics settings can be set up just the same way. My suggestion that it could be an overclock causing the crashing is still completely relevant because I have experienced the same problem, and it was completely unrelated to the video settings of the graphics card, but rather to improper settings of ram latency leading the the crashes.