Sign in to follow this  
Combo7

hitachi harddrive space problem

ok...hmm this is kind of a big problem. I set up the RAID following Angry's guide exactly. I even made my bootup sector partition the same as his (9950 MB). Well, when i go to install something on my computer, it says i only have 5 gigs of space left on my HD. No, i know i have 153 Gigs. Why isnt the rest of the space showing up?

EDIT: Thought i should add CPU-Z sees it as a 153 Gig HD (not where it lists the 3 drives (A, C, and D), but the other section)

..I set up the RAID following Angry's guide exactly. I even made my bootup sector partition the same as his (9950 MB).

The 5GB of space left is on your install partition, "C:" most likely, since a lot of programs default to that drive letter for their installs. The purpose of a small partition like that is to have programs/data in another partition (maybe put data on a regular non-raided drive even) and to contain only OS. So the rest of your harddrive space is there, you just need a way of accesing it by creating a partition and formating it.

hope it helps

i installed with SP2.

So what i do is i just partition the drive using the Disk Management feature in Windows XP? Do i delete all my other programs off of the partition i have now before i create the new partition?

OK!

Here's the problem. You created a 10GB partition that is the C: drive. That is all the space you have to work with.

Your choice is to keep the 10GB partition as C: or go back and do a clean OS install.

While doing the clean install you will be deleting the existing partition then creating a new partition that uses all of the available drive space for a 150GB C: drive.

If you keep the existing 10GB C: drive, you need to use Disk Management to select the remaining space on the drive and format it so it is useable.

I recommend using partition magic.. it will see the drive that hasn't been formatted yet.. it hink thats his problem.... he installed windows on 10gb partition correct?

but has not yet created the second partition you either reinstall windows and format both partitions when you are asked in the install

or you you install something like partitioni magic or simular to that.. and it will creat the partition with out even installing