I'm thinking about saving up for Phase Change

Jester FPS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tyler

I dont think its wise money spent. Its not a very good price/performance ratio. But then neither is watercooling compared to just air. But with water you can cool more than just the CPU, which helps, especially with todays hot GPU's.

Ive had a Mach II, and several watercooled PC's. Including one with the MachII on the CPU, and water on the GPU/Chipset. So I think I have expierence of what Im talking about.

You would get MUCH more performance, with the money spent on the Lightspeed and case, if you spent it on actual system parts. Such as a fast CPU/GPU/Ram, etc. While phase-change was fun, after I got it, I regreted spending the money on it. While I did get to OC more, the extra Mhz didnt come close (to me) equalling the money I spent on it.

• 1 month later...

Trevor, surely thats just a more efficient peltier system? Still have all the same problems as traditional peltiers.

*loves his vapochill*, i shoved 1.85v through my X2 4400+ earlier this week, just to kick it in the teeth :P it peaked at 7C on full load. hehehe, hardware abuse is necessary! its 2.8ghz prime stable atm, going for 3.2, then I might take the time to update my sig & bench it.

I dont think ill ever trust phase-change enough to run it on its own when im out the house more than an hour or so though. Gonna have to set my Mini-ITX rig up again for my 24/7 activities.

i just recently moved to phase.....got a pc-65b and vapochill ls.....

best investment ever i think anyways......comp is considerably quieter than it was with my xp90/delta triple blade setup.....also now i can take my lil venice 3200 to 3+gzh.....kinda cool....

i know i could get more performance if i would have bought an fx-55 instead but no biggie.....i'll be upgrading cpus again shortly so im not worried.....

i thought about a DD wc setup but it just wasnt going to satisfy this new addiction i have.......of couse i think i'll still end up w/ a DD setup down the road to cool my 7800.....

oh and im a poor college boy too.....i still have no regrets with this though.....

to each his own....

• 1 month later...