Who is the most helpful/influential member this year?

299 members have voted

1. 1.

• cpuz
    • soundx98
    • Shinobi
    • SmokenJoe
    • Poisonsnak
    • playah
    • Frallan
    • Prostock62
    • cyberfossil
    • Sharp
    • dippyskoodlez
    • pershoot
    • BigStan
    • spdiscus
    • davidhammock200
    • txmale36
    • AceGoober
    • eva2000
    • babyelf
    • shaolin95

while we all agree that everyone on that list and many others that didn't get on that list are all equally good, there's a poll for a reason lol.

It isn't a popularity contest or to make those who don't get the most votes feel like they aren't good...it is just a simple poll, and it is anonymous.

Rgone and I ask that you vote just so we know (we are always curious about our customers...thats why we put polls up here asking 'which memory' or 'which psu' etc)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone....

I would like to thank Angry for doing this site! I would also like to thank everyone else for just being here either learning or helping. I started fooling with pc's back went the Commodore 64 was the big stink, or atleast we thought it was. Then in 2000 I bought a refurbed Compaq and i just cannot state how much of a piece of crap that was but, it was a very helpful learning experience just to keep it running.

In 2001 i had a buddy build me a new system (BiostarM7Vig pro+1900Xp) which I used a couple months then, I wanted another system for my daughters. Turns out the price on hardware dropped and I got a faster pc second time around for 1/2 the price. So I decided to build another for my other daughter...

I could no longer count on my buddy to build the system as he was getting very busy and i could not get ahold of him most times...Man I really needed that 3rd pc...So I had a brain storm...Why don't I build it? Could I? sure I could, maybe,but how...

Well I searched the web and came acrossed www.pcmech.com . Well I read alot of forum thread and also read the "how to build your own pc" story 4 times.

Well and on that build I actually cheated...how? well I just ordered everything Identicle to the other pc and I mean everything. Next all I had o do is get it running...No big deal right? well when you haven't done it before it is....

It took me awhile just to figure you could load XP straight from the cd....cool huh...It was a success...it worked and has been 3 years now with no problems....For an idoit like me thats just amazing...Not really...

Well I ended up giving the first pc to my future mother-in-law...just so I could build another one....I was reading just about the time the Nforce2 chip was comming out also about the Mobile chip....And all the hipe got me excited. I was ready to endevor this again....

Now mind you I like a good challenge...I ordered a Gigabyte 7n400pro and a 2600XP-m and a 5700ultra.... well after getting it going I decided to flash the bios (never done it either) Well the bios flash went awry and I lost the board and vid card so I was really sick....I kept reading and rma'd the stuff ( I always by the extra warranty) But I ennded up getting it running 200x11 in no time....I felt great....

I guess what I am trying to say here is...without forums like this some of us would never cut it...I am very thankful for places to go and learn....

I knew from all the talk and hipe that a DFI board would get me faster....I waited awile because I knew (from reading) how finiky these boards were. I went ahead and changed to DFI and I bought 4 boards...The first one I grabed was bad but....boy the second one is sweet... to me atleast....After switching the board I signed up here ( from the advise of another DFI'r) and I got so much help it's unreal...

People here have been real nice even with my stupid questions...I really like like my DFI board and can't wait to go A64 or so...I have been able to get this stable faster than before but, still have a ways to go....

To all the Noob's just take your time and read....theres alot of info...

Thanks again everyone....great job for a great place....Doc

Yah, me an maw wuz jus setten ruon thanking bout the furst days. Such a freekin hootz hit wuz way bak yander. I member AG buyed the furst copy of the highly acclaimed RGone...ian dictionary and hit ain't been duh same sense. Or any sense fur that mater.

Now english maybe. AG has always envisioned the family/community or whatever you wish to call such a forum as this. He put his money where his mouth was and dfi-street was born. In the late of night a few came to hand and lent a hand to put the first pages out to the world. And AG was correct, the family is where it is all at.

AG a nazi as I have heard him referred to? You need to get a life. Nutso maybe but nazi never. Well about the signature he is. Hehehehe. And by gawd with excellent reason. You want to call your board a POS, please do so but make a signature and make your beef and adios if you cannot be helped. That is how that all works.

Mind readers. Hale NO. More information is more help in the long run. Crystral balls all on back order. Course wun them tB thangs like sounds has might tell us all whut wuz inside. Hehehehehe.

Ok enuff pure bull shett. I have lived in forums for over 6 years now. This is the best forum I have ever been in. Period. Most who are the least logical do not force the helpers to be logical and the specifics of your system displayed have real meaning and I think that is why so many stay and help others after being helped. 20 names on a list. Frikken "A" only 20 names> we are conserving bandwidth. Hehehehehe.

You guys rokk and never forget it each and everyone of you who assist and care and contribute. Oh shett, gat to goez cuz maw says the battrees is runden down.

RGone...

Just stumbled upon this thread.

Here's what makes this one of the greatest forums ever:

It is The Sum Of Us. This forum is about a bunch of great people...and computer info.

Guest scott

I can't speak about who'se most helpful in general,

but for just me the most helpful have been

angry_games, ExRoadie, and timko.

Guess none of those made the poll this time around.

It was hard to choose, I would pick all of them really.

But I had to pick one so it was either gonna be soundx98 or cpuz.

I picked cpuz because I saw him all over the place when I was posting more frequently.

soundx98 is a good one too though :).

Arr, I picked cpuz cause he replied first in my first post.

I think this is a great site and as I plan to build another DFI board soon I am soaking in everything in preparation.

My first build was 7 or 8 years ago at my Uncles and I have a friends HP XE824 on my bench now that I threw a 10 gig (yee ha) HD. ME was nice and found it all except the Modem and a quick search tells me that soon a slot fan will occupy that position.....

(@$^%^ HP page dosent have ME modem drivers on it ~! and I dont feel like ripping it out of the case as I had to nearly completely dissasemble the darned thing already just to remove the bad stick of ram) Only the cards in the board remain and if it comes out its not going back in....!

Arrr ! I will still Pwn you all in fishing !

Don't count on that. Us brown water fishermen(man that just doesn't sound right) do some serious damage. Cobia69 has designed and built a fully portable fishing rig for the peir we use. This thing is seriously sweet. Maybe he'll post a pic.

We may not get out to the blue water often but we just drive down the street and our lines are wet.

Arrr ! I will still Pwn you all in fishing !

too many good, helpfull members on that pic... ahh brain explodes....

sorry to the others i didn't pic but i can only choose 1, it was a very difficult choice.

even if dfi's products weren't as good as they are i'd still buy another one just to stay active in this forum.... the others are right, this is one of the best forums i've been on also! no mods going nazi and banning people/ragging on there own users like some other places (i'll leave it at that) the people here are great with execption to a very small percentage... keep up the great work and the wonderfull forum that we would all be lost without!!

no mods going nazi and banning people/ragging on there own users like some other places

funny...i've heard that I'm very much disliked by many persons in other forums lol

(maybe that is because I dont put up with their bull crap at all around here)