Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Who is the most helpful/influential member this year?

299 members have voted

1. 1.

• cpuz
    • soundx98
    • Shinobi
    • SmokenJoe
    • Poisonsnak
    • playah
    • Frallan
    • Prostock62
    • cyberfossil
    • Sharp
    • dippyskoodlez
    • pershoot
    • BigStan
    • spdiscus
    • davidhammock200
    • txmale36
    • AceGoober
    • eva2000
    • babyelf
    • shaolin95

The guy who wrote up the step-by-step guide to your first build got me through my first build. I can't remember the username, but I don't think it's one of the ones on your list. I'd like to buy that man a beer, but I don't think you can mail beer internationally....

We're here!

Thunda, VJ and I get excluded since we do beta testing for Angry_Games.

AG provided the explanation in the very first post.

Thanks for the kind words!

hey where is Ex-Roadie's name and what about ViperJohn?

Like many others, this thread brings up fond rememberances of all the stuff that took place over the last year. I've been thinking about the "influential" part of the equation. The guys that directly affected me and my enjoyment of the DFI boards.

elts_drac - (Bios Savior) Cause of all his Winbond stuff. God was he into the forum. (We used to race to see who can answer the n00b post first b4 Angry or RGone saw it. Pretty nerdy, huh?)

Spartacus - once I figured out that he and RGone were talking about shorting out processor pins. We all started stickin' "wares" in the socket and guiding others through it. Scary times b4 6/19. we never knew if the board would boot again.

TicTac - had the only complete list of NF2 bioses up in the early days. Used the TicTac/BigToe 1/21 with modified SATA bios for 5 months. Always helpful.

SAE - 1st of the truely crazed OCer's I came in contact with. NF2 at 3.2GHz with an insane 3D01 score. Always there with info on memory and settings. Taught me how to hotflash and even sent pics of how to do it.

Hellfire - His 12/18 original got me 2660 on my mobile. Was a lot of fun testing all those bioses. And like TicTac, he never got paid for all his hard work. I think his thread has over 60,000 views at this point.

gabbax - so with everyone bitching about what a lousy overclocker the 11/27 bios is, gabbax showed me to "keep tweaking" not just flashing as he toastered at 3.1GHz on his LPB.

KoN- jebus, you think of all those friggin' toasters he made - dif designs and everything - and the huge number of threads he offered some great advice in. Just fantastic work.

These are the guys that would spend hours with you on the phone or on Messenger trying to help you sort out your rig. Class Acts, all of them. I won't even start the the friends I've made on the forum - the guys that make you laugh and smile on a frequent basis - still amazed that most are 20 to 40 years younger than I.

Sorry if this post is a lil too nostalgic - Just wanted to give some credit to those that influenced me. Poll seems to indicate the recognition cpuz deserves for helping so many others. And David's PSU thread (which I had never read until a couple of days ago - I guess cause I am so thrilled with my OCZ520adj) is an excellent read and very influential. Two really good choices - I hope they tie :)

Yeah, my only reason for choosing the dfi mobo over the msi mobo was this forum; when I made inquiries to Nintek in Western Australia about buying a dfi board, they told me to join this forum and then make my mind up.

So now I have a lanparty nF4 sli DR, and I couldn't be happier. I have a very good psu, acceptable RAM, a couple of more than adequate video cards in sli, 2 x SATA II Hitachi 80GB hdd's in RAID 0 (thanks, Ex Roadie :D ), and my system (in my mind lol) already kicks arse before I've even contemplated overclocking it.

No complaints, it's all good.

ricey

ricey

@Angry: I think your work at getting this forum set up has definitely benefited DFI along w/ all the users here. One of my deciding factors in choosing a mobo was whether or not there was a decent forum I could go to for help. If this place wasn't here I probably would have gone with another board (MSI) even though I didn't consider it as good specs-wise. I have a feeling many others, especially first-time builders, have done the same. So, thanks for all your hard work in getting this place up and running.

As for voting, I'm not even going to try to pick one out of the 20. They've all given tons of support and my vote goes to all of them.

Wooohooo!!

I'm atleast semi-half-partially important!! :D

We've always thought of you as "special" bro :)

hence the 'special headgear' ;)

as i've said (in case anyone missed it) the poll only has 20 options...if it had 40-50 then you'd see everyone's name but I just couldn't fit that many in...

Guest culinist

I voted for soundx. Maybe if I kiss his butt he'll send me one of those nifty LCD screens he sells:):):)

Nah seriously, he has been here for the long haul and when he isn't makin us laugh he is always lookin out for someone.

Good Job everyone who made the list.

hence the 'special headgear' ;)

as i've said (in case anyone missed it) the poll only has 20 options...if it had 40-50 then you'd see everyone's name but I just couldn't fit that many in...

its not special, its teh 1337 headgear :)

Im not going to vote, and this is why. Its like asking who is the best son, they all are the best in my opinion. This place is like a family to me (even though I havent posted in some time) and everyone deserves a BZ (BRAVO ZULU, Great Job for you none military types). Keep up the good work and "CRANK THAT SUCKA UP".