4 debug lights

did exactly this as mentioned by RGone in one of the other threads and got nothing. All 4 lights with no beep and nothing more. Not even a light on my keyboard.

Does anyone know the warranty policy on DFI's products? I cant seem to find anything anywhere, not on their box and not on their site.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I tested the Venice in a spare Asus A8V-Deluxe that I had lying around. It boot, so obviously the CPU is not the problem. I didn't even bother testing another CPU in the DFI Ultra-d, since obviously the Venice I had tried earlier was in working condition.

4 Led's = Corrupted Bios IME. I would pop the PLCC and hotflash it if you have the means. Otherwise you could get AG or Rgone to set you up with DFI Techs for a reflash or PM Tmod for a new chip. (think he gets 15 shipped for new with your choice of BIOS or 7 for a reflash of yours)

The proper Clear CMOS recovery from a "no boot" condition. Not to be confused with a Normal CMOS Clear.

Make sure your sig is up to date with all of the required information. This will assist the forum members with your issue.

If you skip or miss any step you must start again since the results will not be valid.

------

Remove power from the rig by pulling the plug or switching the PSU off.

Move the PC Speaker jumper to the ON position.

Remove the Battery.

Move the CMOS jumper to CLEAR.

Press the Start Button on the case or motherboard to drain the capacitors.

You may leave the board in this condition for as long as it takes to clear the CMOS. If a short 30 second clear or a 15 minute clear doesn't work, try an 8 hour clear.

Plug in a PS2 Keyboard.

Put one stick of RAM in the top orange slot marked DIMM2.

Move the CMOS jumper to Normal.

Replace the Battery.

Press and hold the Insert Key on the Keyboard.

Apply power to the rig by plugging the power in or using the switch.

Press the Start Button to power the rig up.

When you hear the BEEP, release the Insert Key and press the Delete Key on the Keyboard.

------

Post back with your results.

I have almost the same problem:

-Tried too boot my system for the first time - worked.

-Changed some uncritical bios values

-reboot

->nothing (3leds)

I did all the stuff U decribe but still nothing but the 3 leds

2mins ago I changed my vid card from the upper slot to the other,

now I get a beeeeep and only 1 led!

But still no monitor signal.

What else can I try?

System:

Bios - Factory Bios

AMD Athlon 64 Winchester 3200+

Twinmos Twister Pro TCCD Ram (1x512MB)

Enermax Coolergiant 480W

(No O.C Settings used!!!)

3 LEDs shows a problem with the RAM. Try using one stick in DIMM2 (furthest orange slot from CPU). Or change the settings back to how you had them.

1 LED shows graphics not detected. Put it back in the first PCIx slot and see if that works.

Back to the 4 LEDs problem.....posted my board back to DFi today, so hopefully should receive one back next week. Also, gonna order some OCZ Gold 3200 BH5. Ive heard some good things about this RAM, but can anyone just confirm what i'm hearing. Is it good stuff? ;)

just to update. I went to my local computer retail store, got them to slap in my RAM and CPU on an A8N and everything worked so therefore there is nothing left but the motherboard. BIOS is not an issue in my case since the BIOS shipped with my mobo is compatible (for boot anyways) with the new E core processors.

I got in contact with RMA dept yesterday and today I shipped out my mobo via UPS express which cost me another $70 for overnight=(.. btw, I chose ups because Ive had bad experiences with USPS if shipped via Canada Post (bad being more than a month to receive a package that woulda taken 10 hours drive if I had gone to the states myself).

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone but nothing can be done about a bad mobo except RMA unless someone wants to come over to my house and fiddle with the circuits and have a icy cup of coke (flat tho) as payment.

I had the exact same problem... and I fixed it.

Maybe you have the same problem. My BIOS was either corrupted or did not recognize the new cores (My Venice). I ended up using a spare Newcastle Socket 939 3500+ I had lying around. The system boot and I flashed to a new BIOS. I then installed the Venice I had and everything worked. If you have a spare CPU lying around, I suggest you try this. It fixed my problems.

Im going out of my mind I have the same issue. Only thing is. I just got board. Flashed it with 510-3. Everything working great for 2 days. I was testing my ram and found my highest stable clock. The issue happend when I was ready to start testing my o/c of cpu. What I did was set my memory to 100 fsb and changed cpu fsb to 240. I also set the CPU startup voltage to 1.5. Once I saved and exited the bios I cant post. I tried the instructions listed in this thread. I also tried some suggestions from this thread. The only thing I havent tried is to let cmos clear for 8 hours. Five hours have past so I will be trying soon. This sucks. I would really hate to have to RMA.