Ultra-D Problems

I know what you mean by the different lengths. That was the first thing I check after I lossen the screws, I thought the back of the board was touching the case somehow but they were all well clear from the motherboard plate of the case.

I might stick a card board in there tonight anyway just to be safe..........

• 6 months later...
Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

I always got 3 leds on when I used ULTRA-D & twinmos SP after clear CMOS(switching from 4v jp to 3.2v jp).

And now with NF4 EXPERT & twinmos SP, I got 3 leds on too if I use setting that ram can't work(for example @250 2-2-2-5 1T 3.2v).

Usually I put off the second ram(DIMM4) then restart. And it work but take time cause it's hard to plug in the ram again (I use XP-120) .

Can you give me solution how to get it work again? without put off the second ram(DIMM4)

• 2 months later...
Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

Ummm dubm question..what if you power up and the 4 lights never go off and the rig just sits there ? ? Is that a bad cpu ? ?

Ummm dubm question..what if you power up and the 4 lights never go off and the rig just sits there ? ? Is that a bad cpu ? ?

That's a distinct possibility. But, you can get the same 4 LED indication due to other issues.

Bad power, corrupt BIOS or a failed motherboard can all give a 4 LED indication.

That's why we have a PSU recommendation thread, RMA for the board and a 4 LED recovery procedure here...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24