Sign in to follow this  
Mr. MuMbLes

NF4 Chipset Max Temperature

Does anybody know what the max temperature for the nf4 chipset is?

it is rated at 120, but i would recommend you don't go past 60. mine is at 42 during load

how do you get your chipset to run that cold, I just built a new built similar to yours , and mine reads 50C on idle in bios, I havent's installed XP yet as I'm still waiting on the dvd drive.

Guest area51

What is your chipset voltage? You need go to Usercp and add your system specs to your signature so people can better understand what you are working with! :)

Does anybody know what the max temperature for the nf4 chipset is?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ght=temperature

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ght=temperature

I would like to see piece of the real specs that says what the max temp is, without that everything else is just a speculation, even what the "official" support says here (They too start there answers regarding to temps with "I think", just see the post above :confused: ) :(

(see http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...hlight=intersil , you can follow the datasheet link and see spect for PWM) :) . You can find out max temps of your CPU in 15 mins (just visit AMD/Intel web site and search, but anything from nVidia = top secret -> only way to find out the official temps is to take the HSF off and see at which temp it will burn out :mad:

One post out of 50 is "How are my temps..." kind of post. Don't you (angry/rgone) think it would be usefull to post REAL, CORRECT AND OFFICIAL maximum temps in one of the stickies above ??????

What many people including me did was remove the heatsink and scrape off the yellow pad then add some thermal grease on the chipset and put the heatsink back on.

I used to run at 50C and now I run at 45C just by doing that. I'll soon put a fan to blow directly on the chipset. I'll let you know how that goes.

What many people including me did was remove the heatsink and scrape off the yellow pad then add some thermal grease on the chipset and put the heatsink back on.

I used to run at 50C and now I run at 45C just by doing that. I'll soon put a fan to blow directly on the chipset. I'll let you know how that goes.

I run at 47C at idle atm; tomorrow I'll remove the NB heat sink, Arcticlean it :D , lap it and re-seat it with some AS5. Hopefully I'll drop a few degrees.

ricey

I run at 47C at idle atm; tomorrow I'll remove the NB heat sink, Arcticlean it :D , lap it and re-seat it with some AS5. Hopefully I'll drop a few degrees.

ricey

Let me know how that goes! :nod:

What is your chipset voltage? You need go to Usercp and add your system specs to your signature so people can better understand what you are working with! :)

Sorry but for some reason my sig is not working :(