3DMark05 scores....post yours!!

Here is mine

3Dmark05 8084

Other then using an updated bios from Leadtek for the 7800gtx teh card is stock..

Once Danger Dens Water Cooler comes out then I will O/c it..Its hitting 77c stock as is..

Here is something to shoot for - 9956 Single Card in 3DM05 with a card that had a weak core.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1096155

You might want to reconsider the DD WB. You can not get good ramsinks on the card with them and without good RS's you will ever get the memory up where it can run.

Also when you go to water be sure to add some aux cooling to the Vcore mosfet heatsink. Without the an air cooled GPU cooler air flow blowing through the weak stock Vcore mosfet heatsink the whole Vcore PS area on the card freaken broils.

Viper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have water cooling now, i don't wanna push it to its max, tired of stuff dieing out, really the only reason i will water cool it, is simply to lower the temps by the chip set.. if i can help push me closer to 9k then i will..But i have not been lucky with vid cards and have gone throuhg 3 6800gt's for 1 reason or another.. I also wont use the Koolance water block as 3 of them have started leaking on me.

Why do i need Ram sinks on the vid card, teh water cooler from danger den and koolance cover the ram.. I think the back ones on the 7800gtx may not be covered, but i can get some sinks for those.. BUt the rest will be water cooled with the GPU..

Heh nice score BTW!

I have water cooling now, i don't wanna push it to its max, tired of stuff dieing out, really the only reason i will water cool it, is simply to lower the temps by the chip set.. if i can help push me closer to 9k then i will..But i have not been lucky with vid cards and have gone throuhg 3 6800gt's for 1 reason or another.. I also wont use the Koolance water block as 3 of them have started leaking on me.

Why do i need Ram sinks on the vid card, teh water cooler from danger den and koolance cover the ram.. I think the back ones on the 7800gtx may not be covered, but i can get some sinks for those.. BUt the rest will be water cooled with the GPU..

Heh nice score BTW!

Were you volt modding the 6800's???

Viper

• 2 months later...