whats a good adjustable 92mm fan

cwa4me

angery games I saw were you said ina thread . you would put a adjustable 92mm fan on a xp-90c . could you recommend a couple for me . right now i'm running a ventec tornado which gives me great cooling. but I would like something still high flow. just where I could turn it down when ever i want to. and any body else with imputs would be a great help thanks in advance!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panaflo 92mm are still the best in terms of price / performance ratio. Here's the spec list for their 92mm's:

L1A - 42CFM @ 27dBA

M1A - 48CFM @ 30dBA

H1B - 56CFM @ 35dBA

U1A - 68CFM @ 43dBA

Any one of those would be great. I use the M1A on my XP-90 [regular aluminum], OC'd to my sig settings, and I hit these temps:

Idle [room temp 77F] - 29/30C

Load [room temp 77F] - 40C

Check www.sidewindercomputers.com for a large selection of Panaflo fans. Hope this helps :D

Thanks guys for all ya'll help I'm looking for something with a little more cfm then I saw with the paniflos. Right now I'm pushing 119cfm with my tornado. I would really love something this powerful but be able to turn down when i don't need all that much flow. tonedf42 I saw you posted a few controllers. do you any way, if possible to put a fan controller on a tornado. I tried one of the lil cheezy one that came with one of my other fans, and it would not turn down. again thanks for ya'll help but would likea high cfm that could be controlled. right now my temps are 24c to 26c at idle, and in prime 95 for 10 hours I ran 36c to 38c. I don't want to loose that for when ever I need it. :nod:

Yes you can connect a fan controller...

Vantec Nexus NXP-205 3.5" Fan Controller

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=266

I dunno know how much u want to spend but I'm pretty sure u want it to be in the front ..

Just be sure the controller will handle the 'nado,not all of 'em will.

Some ppl have used the 7v trick also to lower the rpms,but I'm not sure the rpms will still be read if used.

I really don't think you need all that CFM with the XP-90. It does a fantastic job of cooling. You're all Blue LED fans as it is. The Thermalright A2017 is just about perfect and I'm sure you have a spare PCI slot for the Fan Controller.

They just keep fine tuning that Chieftec/Antec/Checnming/Thermaltake/Aspire case design don't they? Really like the removeable dust screen idea. I wonder if it can be retro-fitted on the other/older cases?

I really don't think you need all that CFM with the XP-90. It does a fantastic job of cooling. You're all Blue LED fans as it is.

I agree the XP-90 is awesome....seriously any fan that can blow atleast 40cfm is good enough....

I personally have the retail XP-90 kit that includes a fan (2400rpm/35dbA/45cfm), its not the greatest (i think its too loud at full rpm so i use smartguardian to auto-control it) but it get the job done. 27 idle and 38 load.

I also tried the XP-90 without a fan....it was 30-31 idle and load was hitting 40. I turned it off though, after about 5 minutes....:sweat:

As you see the XP-90 itself does a very good job cooling on its own...

btw I have only one intake fan (80mm) and one exhaust fan (120mm) @ low rpm...and its quiet and cool...

thanks alot guys and all of you are right the xp-90c does do great work. i have great air flow with all the fans i have. everything else is very queit but as for the tornado. the baby all the time sounds like it's fixing to launch out of my case lol. but thanks guys. tonedef42 i don't mind spending good money on something thats going to help. and yes i would like to mount it in the front of my case I have plenty room. soundx98 i'm not sure if the dust cover is interchange. but my buddy as a little older antec case and almost everything can be put on each others case in fact iI put his door on my case to see what it looked like with a glass door. when I bought they did not offer it with one. again thanks for all the help.

hey soundx98 this thermalright A2017 what is it. is it a led fan with controller. and if it's a fan what size is it. sorry for the stupid question i just never heard of it . thanks for your time