Sign in to follow this  
misteranime

USB Device causes freeze at boot on nF4

Well, I updated to 3/10 and sadly I'm still having the same problem. I guess I can live with unplugging/replugging when I boot, but it is such an obnoxious little problem to have! If anybody comes up with any other things to try, gimme a shout.

Its funny, everyone is saying that they have a USB problem and first thing I hear when I call the DFI people is "That's strange, we've never heard of the problem..."

lol...

Still no support from a DFI person.

Come on DFI, step up to the plate here!

And here is an update from the Frank Wong fella...

Hello Joshua,

I answered your E-mail immediately on the very same day and I said we kept using USB mouse all the time in our lab with no problem. We need to have the configuration of your system to reproduce the symptom. But you never E-mail me back. We can’t solve the problem without seeing the symptom. Please help.

Thanks

Frank Wong

Technical Support Manager

DFI San Jose

510-274-8000x115

Over 1 month later, he says he hasn't received my email...

LoL... I love it when people play

"I haven't received your email" game....

I'm setting up a new system, and having a bit of trouble with the USB on my Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D. While it works fine when I'm in Windows, I have to plug the devices in after booting up, since if they are plugged in when I power the system on, it hangs at the "Lanparty" splash that appears right away. Removing the device and restarting allows the system to boot normally. I've tried a few things, like enabling/disabling USB mouse/keyboard/etc in BIOS, changing USB power from 5V to 5VSB, but still no dice. Anyone have any ideas so I don't have to keep unplugging and replugging my USB devices all the time?

I'm having these exact same problems with my infinity nf4x

I'm having this problem too. It often hangs on bootup (not always), but then is perfectly fine once inside Windows XP SP2. I suspect it has something to do with the USB ports, because one time I removed a USB drive and it stopped happening. Of course, it started happening again later on. I haven't tried removing the keyboard and mouse, because that's frankly too much trouble and not even worth keeping the MB if I have to do so.

However, the solution I have is to hit the reset button. That always allows me to bootup. It's just annoying to have to hit the reset button after rebooting.

If anyone gets a solution for this problem that many, many people seem to be having, I'd like to hear it.

My wife had her iPod nano plugged in to update and left it plugged in to recharge. I didn't notice and when I rebooted it hung on the splash screen. unplugged the nano and it booted fine.