Sign in to follow this  
Marconus

Build Completed, but with some issues

Couldn't wait on Newegg to ship, so this is what I have so far...w/issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Went to the Electronics Market in Seoul, and bought the Items listed in the Sig below. Machine gave some gripes with initial build, but eventually resolved them (nicked IDE cable and several brain disconnects). I got windows loaded, SLI enabled, and now have some issues.

1) Seems to lock up randomly. (What should I be monitoring to figure this out)

2) Video Cards are running SUPER HOT (Primary ran as high as 68 and secondary 54 under load). Replaced stock GPU coolers with Zalmans, and only see minor improvement under load)

3) Where can I find the setting for the memory to put in CMOS. Should be a temporary thing, as I did order: OCZ EL Platinum DFI nF4 Special 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 625 (PC 5000) Dual Channel Kit System Model #: OCZ6251024ELDCPE-K (Shipped 5/31)

4) Is this PWR Sup. good enough. Antec was only brand name I recognized that had 24pin header.

Where should I start with trying to tune/stabilize this thing?

NOTE: At the time I'm writing this, I have to room at 22C the case open and a floor fan blowing on the MB. The last pic shows NVMonitor with the temps

BTW I go the 4000+ SD here for 345,000 won (about $350). Seems most people in Korea go for the 3000 or 3500...... go figure for that kind of price.

1) monitor your psu. check all rails and votages are good.

2) did you use as5 when replacing?

3) there is probably a sticky on it, but im a newb to this forum so not sure

4) your psu should be fine providing it is working properly

Hey fellow DFI-user-in-Korea!

Just wanted to mention that those GPU temps aren't outrageous at all.

Check out the stickies for info on settings (RGone's post in particular), but you'll find that people around here poo-poo our Samsung RAM, despite it being on the DFI officially-approved list at the DFI site....

no on (*well not me*) 'poo-poo's your samsung ram...after all they do make the vaunted TCCD/TCC5

what we DO 'poo-poo' is CAS3 stuff on an A64...A64's dont really like CAS3 too much (sorta like the NF2 hated it)

Ok, Not real sure where to begin, But here is a start. Everything is running stock default, except for having added the zalman coolers to CPU/GPUs.

1) Sometimes machine locks up in BIOS... WTH?!?!

2) Machine runs Prime95 8 hours no errors and temps are resonable <45C on CPU/Chipset/2x GPU.

3) nVMonitor shows red light for mem and core/ Cpu OK. Can't adjust down mem voltage any lower in BIOS (510-3). 2.48v, is it maybe to low?

4) ^%$#^% LeadTek support forums... If they had one you could access from the site.

5) Wish my OCZ EL Platinum DFI nF4 Special 1GB would get, then maybe eliminate memory being the issue.

6) My TruePower 550w EPS12V doesn't seem to have dual 12v rails, can someone confirm that for me? here is link to specs .

7) Can anyone who has the same GPUs let me know what kind of temps they run at idle/load and what cooling solution you are using.

As always, thanks guys for putting up with my ignorance.

Marconus

PS BTM where you at in Korea? I'm stuck up here by the DMZ.

Was reading the posted guid here (stickied) looking for some specific samsung info, and decided to look at the info for the OCZ memory coming from Newegg. But there is conflicting info between the 2 site Newegg says memory is 2.5-4-3-10 and OCZ says its 3-4-4-10. I really do not understand this timing stuff. And the graphs just made me feel more stupid (whole picture is worth a thousand word... I understood none).

More Later

Marconus