Access Rights On Web Server

Badams66

How can i change the "access rights" on my web server (not from a remote location...its right beside me i just need to know what to do)?

I want some files to allow Read, Execute, and Scripts from all used (777) but not using and FTP client or anything like that! Is there a way to change them?

I heard somthing about CHMOD or somthing like that ot change rights but no idea what it is or how to use it!

Im using Windows ME (i know what your all thinking..."whats the matter with him?", but it does run faster on my slower server, so why not go with it....i haven't had any problems running a server with it so im not complaining!) and im using EasyPHP for the webserver (its got like Apache, PHP, and MySQL all built into it)

Edited by Tyme_66

Well dug...he does run the most popular geek site on the net :lol:

But yea, he uses Linux Red Hat on his servers and im using Windows...thats why im not sure if he would be able to help me or not! And after doing some searches on google, i guess CHMOD is in Linux.....no help there! Im totally stuck here...i can't install my forum unless i can change the rights on some files :(

lol, true true, well i just hope someone can help me soon...tried different ways for about an hour before posting here and so far it looks like nobody here knows either :(

lol, what do you think i do? By the way, i don't drink....much

I am only 15, but when i get some then of course i drink it!

But anyway..back to the topic about the access rights!

Edited by Tyme_66