Soyo Dragon Lite Kt 333

used to "sell" them when I worked in the tech shop at compusa. huge number of returns, doa's in the box or so unstable it wasn't funny.

I still recomend asus or gigabyte for everything high end, and the ecs k7s5a for a budget board.

lol they sure do

and those chips are over $250 at cost... needless to say I didn't buy mine there

as far as vid cards I can tell you a secret to upgrading every time a new top the line card comes out. I started by buying a $400 geforce 3, then a ti500, then a ti 4600, then on to a 9700 pro, and finally the 9800 pro. only spent $35 each time to upgrade. it's called "TAP" or technolgy assurance program. You get a warranty from compusa the gives you 1 or 2 years for a little extra. when the time comes the card suffers some kind of unknown problem. Compusa gives you the purchase price of the card (not counting the $35 for tap) to buy a new video card. It would have cost me $400 x 5 or $2000 to buy the cards outright. instead I ended up paying $575 all of them. Unfortunately I don't have the other cards still, BUT I did get one hell of a deal on the top of the line card at the time. you can do this with any part in the store too. price of tap is dependant on price of the part.

BTW the parts are supposed to be "field destroyed" by the tech manager. my gm and I had a deal worked out where I'd put cash into a store fund and buy them at a great price ($50 for 4 ti 4600's, 2 ti 500's, and 6 mx 400's. $50 for a dvd100i and $15 for an ipod... see why i worked there?). I built my p4 system so cheap because of that and reusing old parts from my PIII system. hell I even had a customer GIVE me his P4 2ghz after I installed his 2.2ghz as a "tip for fast service". Too bad they closed that store and canned the whole staff from there... stupid idea of putting a second compusa 3/4 mile down the road.

i applied to work at compusa but there's a few guys in line so... i havent gotten a response yet.

And that's good to hear of the nice benifits at CompUSA... and what did you mean by helping with the store funds? Were you the treasurer or something? or did you help support them with money? Because you musta did something real good to get that kind of a deal! Tell me about it =)

only agreed to play basketball on the gm's old man leauge team... someting about a 22yr old playing in that league made things unfair.

$$$ wise it would go into a fund to have catered lunches on add days so we weren't leaving the building

Edited by bigred