Sign in to follow this  
BCCZeus

[Resolved] (dont use .5 multi's) NF4 Ultra-D: RAM Drops Ratio When Gre

I've just picked up the DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra-D, and I'm impressed. I've got some Crucial Ballistix PC4000 that can run upwards of 300MHz. I'm having an issue though when I overclock my FSB higher than 290MHz, the memory drops down to 20MHz slower than my FSB.

At 290MHz FSB, the memory is sync at 290MHz. At 295MHz the memory is 275MHz. At 320MHz, the memory is 300MHz. This is according to CPUz, and can be verified by running some benchmarks such as Everest.

My timings are 3-4-4-10 1T @ 2.9v, with chipset @ 1.6 and CPU @ stock. I'm generally running a 7.5x or 7x multiplier right now as I'm trying to top out my memory.

Any thougts on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

I will give this a try later. I've tried messing with the voltages on stuff, CPC etc, and it makes no difference. I'll try to stick with a whole integer and see what happens. I should mention that I'm using a 3000+ Venice as well.

That fixed it. Thanks for the info. I'm new to DFI, and haven't had this much fun since a hacked BIOS on my NF7-S Rev.2 and a Barton Mobility! I'm looking at 300FSB at 1:1 and still going!

haven't had this much fun since a hacked BIOS on my NF7-S Rev.2 and a Barton Mobility!

Me too, I only moved to A64 from an NF7-s in April and the extra tweak options is just crazy - but fun :)