My computer seems really touchy

For some reason, my comp goes BSOD if its barely gets bumped at all. I checked to make sure everything was secur, and its seems like everything is. I'm not sure why its so sensitive, but its getting kinda old reseting the cmos all the time

which bios are you using? there have been problems with value ram....i have the same ram as you....if you want, check out my entry in the overclocking database....maybe those timings and settings will work....but most likely you'll have to tweak some more to get it stable...lotsa trial and error

the problem is your Corsair Value Ram. It is known to cause problems for DFI boards for some people.

"some" people....but you should be able to run it at stock....may not be the best overclocker, but it can be done.

Sounds like something loose to me. If it happens when you bump the computer I wouldnt blame the cheap ram. Jesus you people jump to PSU and RAM like crazy....I wonder how many people ran out and bought $100+ power supplies to try to fix their problem only to discover it was some ram timing setting or something.

Sounds like something loose to me. If it happens when you bump the computer I wouldnt blame the cheap ram. Jesus you people jump to PSU and RAM like crazy....I wonder how many people ran out and bought $100+ power supplies to try to fix their problem only to discover it was some ram timing setting or something.

Amen to that......

m :)

hey I'm with you on that reaper....I got decent performance of value ram :D

Also as a last resort take your mother board out and try it on a non static surface like the baggy your MB came in. Where your MB contacts your case on the little metal stands can cause problems like this. I would also check and make sure the HS (Heat Sink) on your Vid card is good (as in tight). Cause when they are a little loose they can cause problems.

Also check all your dongles (power connectors for Cd rom hard drives Etc) And swap it for another on your main hard drive. I have had problems on clients computers because of that.

Hope one of the many suggestions helps.

Intermittant failure, my least favorite. I am a Newbie to DFI but worked on a fair amount of PC's (mainly junk BUT)

Start with a Reseating of any CARDS (VID /Sound) (I press memory to make sure, but I doubt that is it in this case) IT sounds more like a Vid card not seated to me. Does it clear.make contact with the Chipset or not ?

If the board is not perfectly flat (it can cause one end of your cards to have sporadic contact and be twichy and reboot when touched. (or worse))

After that I would check my power with a cheap electrical tester and all the connections if the reseating of the cards didnt fix it.

But would a PC go BSOD for a card loose? or RAM loose?

BSOD is as far as I understand generally that the computer goes to use a bit of memory in RAM or vid card, something has happened to that memory address, the computer panics, goes BSOD.

Or are there other ways a PC goes BSOD that I'm a bit too n00b :confused: to know?

Mildman