Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

anyone?

You may need to adjust your voltage upwards of around 1.45v like I did. I couldn't finish an install without doing that. Stick with one stick of memory as well until your completely installed. If you continue to have problems after that then avoid installing the raid drivers and go with just the storage controller driver and see how that goes...

Unless you absolutely have to have the data that's already on your array I'd stick with a singe drive for now...Though there are plenty who have raid going...

Thanks OldGuy,

Its seems to be the storage controller driver is the one causing my reboots I can get past the "set up is starting windows" if i don't use the storage controller driver but then I have my 2 36 gig SATA hard drives not in use :(

I'm starting to think i have a bad board. I have not been able to load windows sine I got this board on 6/16

Thanks OldGuy,

Its seems to be the storage controller driver is the one causing my reboots I can get past the "set up is starting windows" if i don't use the storage controller driver but then I have my 2 36 gig SATA hard drives not in use :(

I'm starting to think i have a bad board. I have not been able to load windows sine I got this board on 6/16

Well I can only tell you what worked for me and that this was with PATA drives. If you haven't given your voltage a little goose I think yer gonna continue to struggle if you've got a board that's behaving like mine. Some guys were able to install without adjusting voltage but like I said I had to and that cleaned it right up. I'd also disconnect any "extra" cooling fans you don't need and anything else. One optical drive, floppy, hard drive. Didn't look at yer sig before I started this post but if yer runnin a sub par PSU connect only the neccessities for now. Put yer memory on auto pilot 2T for now as well. Tryin to throw as much as possible at ya to joggin yer noggin and get ya out of repeat mode. I truly feel for ya if you've been strugglin' for a week on this...

Edit: And now that I took a peak at yer sig, you need to update it so's we knows what yer sportin for a power supply ;)

Thanks OldGuy,

I'm going to give this board another shot tommarow I did not try the Vcore adjustment maybe thats it.

I'm on my ABIT AV8 right now trynig to get BF2 to run properly but that's onother story :shake:

Old Guy,

How do you get your OCZ memory working I know u have to use 2t for this board right until they get that fix with new bios. Also is that TCCD mem you got.

thanks

Thanks OldGuy,

I'm going to give this board another shot tommarow I did not try the Vcore adjustment maybe thats it.

I'm on my ABIT AV8 right now trynig to get BF2 to run properly but that's onother story :shake:

And another more thorough peak at yer siggy reveals we have the same memory so I can definitely tell you "DO NOT TRY 1T" and only go with one stick in slot one. Even at stock clocks this thing is twitchy with this memory. You go up even 10~15mhz from stock at 1T and you will quickly see a sea of beautiful blue that you really didn't want to see ;) No worries though, she's a tank at 2T, dual channel, slots one and two good for 260+ stable...no errors in memtest till you hit 305+ and I run em' 3.0~3.1v with a little cooling...

Good luck to ya. With the components you have in yer siggy you should see some very good results when all the dust settles. I'm runnin my 3700+ at 2750 stable right now and I think there's plenty more to be had :D

EDIT @ goone....Honestly right now, 2T and all else on auto with 3.0~3.1v. Love to tell ya that I tweaked the . out of them but it's fine right now so no need. And yes they are TCCD...

Just a few pics of the old CM C5 with my patented cross flow air system for those who haven't purchased a case yet ;) This will work great for LP NF3 939 and LP NF4 systems...Of course that's just my opinion and I may be biased :D I took lots of pictures as I moved from my Antec LanBoy to the CM Centurion5 and will be putting together a little puter building 101 to post in the case mod section. That's an XP-90 in there and it looks huge in some of the pictures. I can only imagine what an XP-120 will look like in there...

This one is looking through the PSU cutout

thrupsuview8se.th.jpg

From the side

insideview3zr.th.jpg

And from the front

p62504902vd.th.jpg

Enjoy...Questions or comments, feel free............................And oh yeah...

I love my new mobo!!!!!!!

OldGuy- Thermaltake has a case like that....the motherboard and all that crap is upside down and at the bottom in the front and back theres a 120mm and this little plastic tube that the processor and heatsink is supposed to fit inside so the air is channeled over it.....In fact I'm pretty sure they call it 'crossflow' design too.......they obviously ripped off your idea :D

Man, Im an idiot. I didnt notice I only put in 2x256mb, and had another 512 stick in my old case, no wonder it wasen't detecting 1gb :shake:

New problem though. If Im using 2x256mb, and 1x512mb, I get a long beep on boot. I can use 1x256 and 1x512 and it boots ok with 768mb. Can I use 3 ram sticks in this mobo, or do I need to match them?

Man, Im an idiot. I didnt notice I only put in 2x256mb, and had another 512 stick in my old case, no wonder it wasen't detecting 1gb :shake:

New problem though. If Im using 2x256mb, and 1x512mb, I get a long beep on boot. I can use 1x256 and 1x512 and it boots ok with 768mb. Can I use 3 ram sticks in this mobo, or do I need to match them?

Tja its the NEW super DFI LP NF3U-D BETABOARD :sweat::sweat:

I have OCZ & Corsair Ram and nothing run lol

Are you putting the 2X256 in slots 1 and 2 and the 1X512 in slot 3?