Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Thanks for responding ixtapalapaquetl. I had already tried the 705,711 & 815 builds w/o much success, but I did as you suggested. Neither 705 or 711 let me make changes to bios (not overclocking) without the cold boot problem (sometimes no boot). 815 will boot but doesn't always see my Raid array and I get a BSOD before windoze finishes loading. It seems that 815 has a hard time with the NVraid function and it's on the Nvraid initialization screen the message about "Warning: Have Option ROM can not..." appears.

The Award message about "Evaluation ROM..." shows up with each bios...not just the stock 602 bios. I do have an issue with being sold hardware that has "Not for Sale" encoded in it.....

I spent most of today flashing and following the guides from Angry Games and OldTimer..........both ridiculous, arcane procedures. :rolleyes: ANd there's one from rodan that has you booting 9 times to complete it...Jesus H. Christ!

Oh well...I'll probably try a new bios chip like bobyjo suggested in post #4514 & 4773. Otherwise I'm going for the MSI NF4 Platinum SLI...

As I can see the "HAVE option HARDWARE can not involk " Is do to a USB device Being seen by bios. It is seen that way cause the Nvidraid is seen as HOT SWAPPABLE. Why this bothers people I cant understand Why? It does not affect any thing. BOOT TIMING< OR SUCH.

THe Not for sale is just a Lable put in the BIOS name. You can change that If you have the skills,program and just bothers you to the point that drives you crazy.

As far as a new BIOS chip? It may help. But even booting Nine times.. Heck thats five min's of work.While It could be better. Sometimes for more you have to sacrafice little. How many boards out there for the Price this Board is , Is giving people 1 GIG overclocks? Not many.

and the 815 not seeing you Raid Aray is probly due to , and this is just a guess . Is Win SP2. If you formated and did clean install from a SP2 disk. and have a different from 4 mb cluster and stripe. Is most likely the reason. IF you formated and installed clean from a NON SP2 disk. then that would be a new one to me

Just my 2 cents

Guest Lucky

wow I cant believe this m/b. Not only is it a rocket with high voltage memory, but it hammers with TCC* . Running well at 9x315 1:1 2.5 4-4-8 2T and scoring a pb 1M Super Pi at 10x285 2.5 4-3-8 1T

Its a pitty everything is going PCIe, I wouldve liked to see this m/b mature a bit, but i believe the NF4 has priority...and probably rightly so.

Thanks for responding ixtapalapaquetl. I had already tried the 705,711 & 815 builds w/o much success, but I did as you suggested. Neither 705 or 711 let me make changes to bios (not overclocking) without the cold boot problem (sometimes no boot). 815 will boot but doesn't always see my Raid array and I get a BSOD before windoze finishes loading. It seems that 815 has a hard time with the NVraid function and it's on the Nvraid initialization screen the message about "Warning: Have Option ROM can not..." appears.

i got that nvraid initialization screen too while i have mine installed. d problem lead to this is psu problem. i mod d psu resultin higher rails(esp. +12) n rearrange d distribution of d molex, problem solved.

it mite be diff for u thou... :)

this board rox, i put my veince on it and pumped 1.425 + 0.2 v, works flawlessly till now (to my surprise) coz i never think dat d board will perform so well... :)

i got that nvraid initialization screen too while i have mine installed. d problem lead to this is psu problem. i mod d psu resultin higher rails(esp. +12) n rearrange d distribution of d molex, problem solved.

it mite be diff for u thou... :)

this board rox, i put my veince on it and pumped 1.425 + 0.2 v, works flawlessly till now (to my surprise) coz i never think dat d board will perform so well... :)

Hmmm.. if computers are your thing... check out this link --> http://dictionary.reference.com/

I know you will get some serious mileage out of it after reading your last several posts.. ;)

there are definently 939 opertons >> but dont know if this board will support them... With the expence why try to use one on this board.. And I think they still need ECC reg memory