Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Still having probs to get to 2.4ghz I put a 80mm fan right in front of the ram so I could put more votlage.Here are my settings hammer fid 11,agp overclock 67 cpu vid +0.4 ram settings are default except for 2225 and 1t I even put 3.2volts to the ram but it locks up at 213 i get to desktop i can move the mouse for 10 seconds then it locks up.I pass memtest no prob at default settings how about putting ram in the ornage slots would that help bh-5 ram or maybe get a newer bios any suggestion are appreciated.

when you say "stock BIOS"...do u have the 602, or 711 BIOS???

i've found, the orange slots are generally better for overclocking, and the yellow are generally better for stock running, so it would be a good idea to try the orange slots.

also try setting the DQ Drive Strength (i think thats wat its called) to 50%, and see if that helps...its in the DRAM section of the BIOS...

when you say "stock BIOS"...do u have the 602, or 711 BIOS???

i've found, the orange slots are generally better for overclocking, and the yellow are generally better for stock running, so it would be a good idea to try the orange slots.

also try setting the DQ Drive Strength (i think thats wat its called) to 50%, and see if that helps...its in the DRAM section of the BIOS...

Ya its the 6.00pg bios thats what it says in the bios.And what is that DQ Drive Strength for cause its getting me into windows at 213 np prob ill try to go higher and report back later.And is +0.4 to much vcore?Update im at 218 thank you very much pantonious that driver strength fixed it i even put the ram volts back to 2.9 and it booted np going to prime and memtest be back later.

Ok, I have another question for everybody:

When you replace the Northbridge fan on your NF3 Ultra-D, what are you replacing it with? Link please.

question...would this one fit the same as the one you used, old guy? I have to make an order from new egg soon anyways so i might as well get one then.

35-110-107-02.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110107

Depends on the height and GFX card cooling...Go to Vantecs website and compare sizes of the one you want and the one I'm using. If you have something like an AC Silencer (like my ATI in the pics) you may have clearance issues...

Still having probs to get to 2.4ghz I put a 80mm fan right in front of the ram so I could put more votlage.Here are my settings hammer fid 11,agp overclock 67 cpu vid +0.4 ram settings are default except for 2225 and 1t I even put 3.2volts to the ram but it locks up at 213 i get to desktop i can move the mouse for 10 seconds then it locks up.I pass memtest no prob at default settings how about putting ram in the ornage slots would that help bh-5 ram or maybe get a newer bios any suggestion are appreciated.

Jason I have seen no one here lately suggest this.. So Ill put in my 2 cents.

Try tis if you have the time

1 drop you CPU Multiplier to 10 And try default + 2

2 Relax memory timmings to 2-3-7-3 In that order And feed them 2.9 volts to start

3 set signal strenght the NORMAL

4 Keep drive strenght to auto for now

Now MEMTEST just test 5 @ 200 for 5 loops If it is ok bump it up to 210 and retest 5, Keep doing this till you get errors

When you start to get errors raise memory voltage to 3.0 If errors go away bump 5 MHZ at a time and test MEMTEST 5 Till you get errors

This time dont raise VDIMM but raise CPU to + 1 more = You will then be at default +3 then If this stablizes it dont make any more changes.. If it boots ok into windows Prime it.. And not just a few hours But a couple days if it will prime that long.. This will work youre CPU and Ram Hard.. And get it used to the speeds..

If this will work then try to raise the HTT farther but only 2 or3 MHZ at a time till ram maxs out

Just remember Just cause it will run 2-2-2-5 at 200 That is all the claim it will do.. any extra is a BONUS.. some will go very high at those timings , Some wont do 1 MHZ more though.

Dont be afraid to relax timings on Memory some as you may get alot more Bandwith and MHZ at slower timings

Depends on the height and GFX card cooling...Go to Vantecs website and compare sizes of the one you want and the one I'm using. If you have something like an AC Silencer (like my ATI in the pics) you may have clearance issues...

ok beter safe than sorry. Is this the one that you use and fits well?

35-110-103-01.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110103

I would rather buy something you already made sure works :)

It's just a lil ol' stock machine running 602, but at least now the memory is in dual channel-mode and Counter Strike-Source no longer locks up the pc. It took hours of reading to learn about the memory slot boo-boo in the manual, the issue with AGP Fast writes, and the fact that a 5x HTT multiplier was unneccesary. I'm still waiting for some help on why I can't do anything with the 705, 711, or 815 bios, but I'm sure the answer will come in time.

One feature that would be handy is a list of common problems and the corresponding fixes put in a sticky, but then I guess the challenge would be gone ;)

Anyway, thanks for tips and help.

It's just a lil ol' stock machine running 602, but at least now the memory is in dual channel-mode and Counter Strike-Source no longer locks up the pc. It took hours of reading to learn about the memory slot boo-boo in the manual, the issue with AGP Fast writes, and the fact that a 5x HTT multiplier was unneccesary. I'm still waiting for some help on why I can't do anything with the 705, 711, or 815 bios, but I'm sure the answer will come in time.

One feature that would be handy is a list of common problems and the corresponding fixes put in a sticky, but then I guess the challenge would be gone ;)

Anyway, thanks for tips and help.

Here ya go...just not stickied...Tips and Tweaks