NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

QUOTE=JasonX]Thx man i am ocing the gpu so is 1.8volts safe?

I would leave overclocking the gfx card out of the equation until you are happy with the cpu/memory being stable so you aren't getting 3D benchy crashes and wondering if it's the memory or the cpu or the gfx card causing the problems...

Voltage is a personal choice IMO...If something is working good with x amount of voltage and the temps are good then let her rip...If it takes a lot of voltage to try and achieve something and the results aren't that great then it's not worth risking for a few extra mhz's...

So what is "safe" is really up to you...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh.....for the last time :P

No need to increase AGP voltage if you are not overclocking your GFX card.

vAGP isn't vGPU.....please remember that...it has nothing to do with overclocking your card....

vAGP isn't vGPU.....please remember that...it has nothing to do with overclocking your card....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...okay. I'll remember that the next time I'm able to achieve a higher OC from my gfx card after increasing the AGP voltage.

Wooow big spender,

How is your BF2 running now?

I just went with a new pair of TwinX2048-3200c2 and i'am very happy with those, BF2 is running like a champ.

Anyway congrats with your new system.

Mate it is running much much much better. Even though there are some things that i now know for sure is a problem with BF2 coding or whatever and not our hardware. 8925 3dmark05's on Forceware 77.77. :nod: :shake: :D :cool:

This board owns, NF3 was good, but just wasen't for me, a lot of incompatability problems. Others run it fine because they didnt have the hardware combo i did.

It is the supply Voltage... If you aint got it there you wont have it on the card to adjust if you do the volt mods On cards that dont have a molex connector.

READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules. You must have your location and signature complete.

Still don't see why so many people are having problems with this board.... im really thinking alot is User error... with the mushkin redline pc4000 im running 1t ...315 ...11x multi with a SD4000 all is smooth memory bandwidth is almost 8k.....1meg super pi is 25.60 memory timings i left on auto which were 2-2-2-6... not a problem with anything so far with this board... so all in all if you are one of the people who bought a x800 x850 ati agp or nvidia 6800 and have this board you still can totally compete with the nforce4 boards running 1 card... reason i know.. i also have a nforce4 ultra with x850 pcie....... basically not much of a gain .... just so everyone knows....

I would leave overclocking the gfx card out of the equation until you are happy with the cpu/memory being stable so you aren't getting 3D benchy crashes and wondering if it's the memory or the cpu or the gfx card causing the problems...

Voltage is a personal choice IMO...If something is working good with x amount of voltage and the temps are good then let her rip...If it takes a lot of voltage to try and achieve something and the results aren't that great then it's not worth risking for a few extra mhz's...

So what is "safe" is really up to you...

And considering the AGP undervolts by .5 volts, going up to 1.6 would probably be pretty safe.

Mine will work with those slots But the bandwith will suffer from being in single channel.. And for better perfomance in single channel You should use the corrisponding slots I>E 1&3 0r 2&4

Mine won't even boot unless I use the same color slots or take out one stick.

I have been running my pc in single channel mode since I foolishly believed the information in the manual. I put both sticks in the yellow slots so now the memory is in dual channel mode. But, now Counter Strike Source locks up. Should I reload optimised defaults when going from single channel memory to dual channel? Also, I have the HTT multiplier set at 5X (I'm not overclocking, just using the optimised defaults), could that cause a problem? I tried raising the memory voltage from 2.6 to 2.7, it did not help the lock-up problem. Thanks.

Guest Swagman6531

I've been testing out the 815beta and I noticed that there were a couple of settings that nomatter what I set them to they're always stuck on one setting. I've tried only changing one setting at a time to no avail. I used a lot of windows programs to confirm what "actual" settings in relation to what I set them on in the CMOS. I even went a step further because sometimes mem programs don't always display the correct "actual" setting and I ran benchmarks both before and after changin each setting and still.... no change.

This applies to the following settings:

Bank Interleave...it seems to always be neable nomatter what

DRAM Drive strength....it is always stuck in normal. I can change it to weak but only in windows