NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

right I'm on the 711 bios, seems to be working woot!

I can get my corsair up to 280 with 2.5-4-4-8 at 1t, this is with multi set to 8x.

The problem is when I switch it to 11x it will only post at 230 with 1t, can manage 250 x 11 at 2t.

I currently have the cpu volt at 1.4 with +.4 , I've never seen a more rediculous way of changing something as simple as a cpu voltage before.. why oh why did they make it this way? Surely it's so much easier just to have a list that goes up in 0.05 volt increments?

I have a vapochill LS, can anyone advise me what a safe voltage setting is for a diego 3700? Remember heat isn't an issue here, bios reporting -28C as processor temp. I 'm thinking if the ram will run at 8x 280, but won't at 11x 280 it's down to insufficent voltage through the processor. Like I said before, if I can get 3 ghz I'll be content for now, and I'll wait on the next official bios.

So main question is what is the max voltage that's safe for a 3700, and how in the hell do I go about getting that voltage, considering the difference between what the bios says is cpu voltage and what cpuz says hehe.

Cheers in advance

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallo81
have you set the PS2 POWER Jumper on the motherboard???

you need to do that AND enable it in the BIOS...

look through the manual, you should be able to find it...

Where in the hell is the jumper, I don't see it. I think isn't a jumper to this. Its a PS2 Keyboard.

Guest bobyjo

I have looked in the manual and on the board.

There is no such animal on my board either.

It is not mentioned in the manual either.

anyone having any luck with the 8/15 and a venice? I really want to give it a try seeing how the 7/05 and 7/11 wont let me post if I change any settings. Plus 8/15 is my bday so it has to be good right? :)

Guest bobyjo

I am running the 815, but I have a Winchester not a Venace. I am having no problems at all with this bios. So far rock solid stable.

Patriot XBLK 2X256 kit will do 300+ at 1T...With 2X256 you will see very poor Everest "write" results...2X512 XBLK's at 2T will do over 3k on memory write at 300+ while 2X256 scores in write are in the low 2k's. You would think speed is speed but capacity has an impact on results as well...

Yup, you're right about the Write scores. But IIRC, Write bandwidth doesn't make much difference during gaming. Nevertheless, most recent games wants atleast 1GB and BF2 asks for 2GB of system memory. Anyways, thats another story...

Since you were able to do 300+ at 1T with 2x256 as I'm with my 2x256, does this mean that this mobo has issues with dual sided modules?

Anyone else having issues with this board doing 300MHz+ at 1T with dual sided modules?

P/S: Dual sided = modules with memory chips on both sides of the PCB

Yup, you're right about the Write scores. But IIRC, Write bandwidth doesn't make much difference during gaming. Nevertheless, most recent games wants atleast 1GB and BF2 asks for 2GB of system memory. Anyways, thats another story...

Since you were able to do 300+ at 1T with 2x256 as I'm with my 2x256, does this mean that this mobo has issues with dual sided modules?

Anyone else having issues with this board doing 300MHz+ at 1T with dual sided modules?

P/S: Dual sided = modules with memory chips on both sides of the PCB

If you look at the DFI website, all of the recommended memory for this board is TCCD...DDR600 is listed as 2X256 single rank modules. Haven't had any luck with this board or my LP NF3 250gb getting a 2X512 kit over 300 with 1T. This board especially doesn't like my OCZ PC4800's at ANY speed with 1T. Always BSOD's at windows. 711 did allow me to use them at 1T in the yellow slots only...They still have a lot of work to do with regard to this board and 1T IMO...

I’m having trouble getting my board to work at speeds it should easily be able to do, the main problem lies with the memory (Kingston HyperX 2x512mb dual channel).

My Venice 3000+ easily clocks to 2.5 Ghz but only does so when the mem is set to work at 100(200DDR) in the bios (711)..effectively the mem then runs at 280HTT/2=140Mhz.

The mem runs stable at 220(440DDR) when it runs 1:1 with the HTT bus, all settings on auto, 3Volts and 1T but that’s way below the max speed of the proc (9x220)

Now when I try to up the HTT bus using the 133 and 166Mhz mem locks you would expect that a HTT of 280 for the 133Mhz memory lock (effective mem speed = 186Mhz) and a HTT of 260 for the 166Mhz memory lock (effective mem speed = 215Mhz) should be no problem as the mem runs fine at 220 when 1:1 with the HTT.

However when I set these speeds and slower the bios won’t even boot, just long beeps thus memory error :(

Now I don’t understand why the board won’t boot at those mem dividers because the mem is actually slower than the speed it will do when 1:1 with the HTT :confused:

Anyone got any ideas on this…and perhaps any tips?

I’m having trouble getting my board to work at speeds it should easily be able to do, the main problem lies with the memory (Kingston HyperX 2x512mb dual channel).

My Venice 3000+ easily clocks to 2.5 Ghz but only does so when the mem is set to work at 100(200DDR) in the bios (711)..effectively the mem then runs at 280HTT/2=140Mhz.

The mem runs stable at 220(440DDR) when it runs 1:1 with the HTT bus, all settings on auto, 3Volts and 1T but that’s way below the max speed of the proc (9x220)

Now when I try to up the HTT bus using the 133 and 166Mhz mem locks you would expect that a HTT of 280 for the 133Mhz memory lock (effective mem speed = 186Mhz) and a HTT of 260 for the 166Mhz memory lock (effective mem speed = 215Mhz) should be no problem as the mem runs fine at 220 when 1:1 with the HTT.

However when I set these speeds and slower the bios won’t even boot, just long beeps thus memory error :(

Now I don’t understand why the board won’t boot at those mem dividers because the mem is actually slower than the speed it will do when 1:1 with the HTT :confused:

Anyone got any ideas on this…and perhaps any tips?

You need to set all the memory settings manually "before" using the dividers...Do an A64 tweaker screeny of 200mhz settings, print screen or right them down. Go into bios and set them manually....I only leave TREF on auto...

If you look at the DFI website, all of the recommended memory for this board is TCCD...DDR600 is listed as 2X256 single rank modules. Haven't had any luck with this board or my LP NF3 250gb getting a 2X512 kit over 300 with 1T. This board especially doesn't like my OCZ PC4800's at ANY speed with 1T. Always BSOD's at windows. 711 did allow me to use them at 1T in the yellow slots only...They still have a lot of work to do with regard to this board and 1T IMO...

It's not the Board ...

It's Your Cpu.Venice and San Diegos don't like the good old TCCD's.IMO

My Venice is working crappy in the NF4 Ultra D too.