NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah @ work!!! Damn overtime stopping me testing :(

Right I shoved the 711 bios on, complete waste of time, won't boot to windows with defaults, won't save any settings (just goes into constant reset). I think I'll try 705, find highest stable clock then bother when the new official bios is released, if I bother too much now, I'll just be back to square one when the good bios arrives.

Anyone got anything for me to try before I flash to 705? I got corsair 4400XMS 1 gig.

In general, if you have problems with 711 saving you will have problems with 705 as well. They both behave the same in that regard. You either have no problems. Cannot save at all or....the in between like my board. Try my 705/711 method. If you still cannot save anything stick with 602 for now or try 815 beta...

1. Flash to 705 or 711. Load optimized defaults. Save and exit. Shut down and clear cmos with battery out for about 15 minutes.

2. Boot to bios and load optimized defaults. Enable raid if you need to. Change nothing else (not even time and date, set those in windows). Save and exit, boot to windows.

3. Reboot to bios and change hammer fid to whatever your default multi is. Change LDT to X3. Change AGP to 67. Save, exit, boot to windows.

4. Reboot to bios and change voltages to wherever you want them. I suggest only +.40 until you know your particular board doesn’t crash when changing the default voltage of the cpu. Save, exit, boot to windows.

5. Load A64 tweaker. Do a screen shot of your memory timings in windows and print or write them down.

6. Reboot to bios and set memory manually. Leave max memory overclock and TREF on auto. Save, exit and boot to windows

After doing all of this in baby steps, if you are not able to make changes from this point on without a no post you are most likely stuck with 602 until something is done about 705/711. If you are getting bsods at the windows load screen set your memory to 2T. If you are already running 2T, try 1T…..

hallo

sry for my english

ich have a problem with my minboard

i get freezes in games all 30 minutes or bluescreens.

my system is not overclocked

prime and memtest are without errors

i use bios 715

i have rev aa0

on my nforc3 chips is a new cooler

i need your help wher is the problem

cpu is winchester 3200 1,5 vdimm

ram 2*1024 crucial bga 3 3 3 8 t1 2.8 vdimm

Try setting the memory to 2T until you figure out what's wrong. Also try the memory in different slots. Make sure you use memtest86+ to check you memory...Memory and settings are critical on NF3/NF4 DFI's....A good power supply is essential as well.

Please put a signature together using the "user control panel" with a little more info. Use mine or anyone elses as an example...

"its very rare for a video card to be incompatible with a motherboard (or the other way around)"

true for all the ATI cards I tried

eVGA 6800GT would not work with anything but generic driver and no gameplay until bios was flashed to Gaiward GS UT with higher 3d voltage (1.5) and relaxed mem timing. GT version with tighter timing did not work for me until I modded bios(slower timings), now works at 1.4v.

Guest gallo81

Thank you oldguy, is working now.

Anyone with the "Keyboard Power On" problem, It still not working.

GALLO

Previously I asked if anyone here managed to do 1T above 300MHz. Anyways, I grabbed a pair of Corsair 3200XL (2x256MB) and it ran 1T at 300MHz without a hitch!

Currently doing Super PI 32M at 2.5-4-4-8-1T 2.9V because it would error out at 2.5-4-3-7-1T.

It passed Memtest #5 x20 at 300MHz 2.5-4-3-7-1T without any errors but asked for 2.5-4-4-8-1T to pass S.Pi 32M.

Here's the screenshot with BIOS 705

3200XL_300MHz_1T.jpg

Previously I asked if anyone here managed to do 1T above 300MHz. Anyways, I grabbed a pair of Corsair 3200XL (2x256MB) and it ran 1T at 300MHz without a hitch!

Currently doing Super PI 32M at 2.5-4-4-8-1T 2.9V because it would error out at 2.5-4-3-7-1T.

It passed Memtest #5 x20 at 300MHz 2.5-4-3-7-1T without any errors but asked for 2.5-4-4-8-1T to pass S.Pi 32M.

Here's the screenshot with BIOS 705

Patriot XBLK 2X256 kit will do 300+ at 1T...With 2X256 you will see very poor Everest "write" results...2X512 XBLK's at 2T will do over 3k on memory write at 300+ while 2X256 scores in write are in the low 2k's. You would think speed is speed but capacity has an impact on results as well...

hallo

sry for my english

ich have a problem with my minboard

i get freezes in games all 30 minutes or bluescreens.

my system is not overclocked

prime and memtest are without errors

i use bios 715

i have rev aa0

on my nforc3 chips is a new cooler

i need your help wher is the problem

cpu is winchester 3200 1,5 vdimm

ram 2*1024 crucial bga 3 3 3 8 t1 2.8 vdimm

Also make sure Fastwrites are off... :)

The manual claims the memory will default to 166MHtz bus with two sticks of DDR400 installed, but then goes on to say you can change it to 200MHtz in the Genie Bios. Well, there is no 200MHtz option under the Max Memclock setting in the 602 bios . . . . it has Auto, 100, 133, and 166. OK, so I am running nothing but optimized settings, so I expected my memory to report it was DDR333, but I get the following results in nVidia Monitor and CPU-Z . . . .

and

So I am safe in assuming the memory is running as DDR400?

The manual claims the memory will default to 166MHtz bus with two sticks of DDR400 installed, but then goes on to say you can change it to 200MHtz in the Genie Bios. Well, there is no 200MHtz option under the Max Memclock setting in the 602 bios . . . . it has Auto, 100, 133, and 166. OK, so I am running nothing but optimized settings, so I expected my memory to report it was DDR333, but I get the following results in nVidia Monitor and CPU-Z . . . .

and

So I am safe in assuming the memory is running as DDR400?

No assumption..."Auto" is 200mhz...you are good to go...