Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest Tim

I wonder who writes these bios's....surely a big company like DFI should invest some more in their Bios department...

Because I have the feeling one trained monkey is writing them..... ;)

I wonder who writes these bios's....surely a big company like DFI should invest some more in their Bios department...

Because I have the feeling one trained monkey is writing them..... ;)

At least he's a trained monkey :D

Thanks OG, I'll give those new timings a try. I did actually get up to 280 x 9, 1:1,2T

its just wierd had to put the vcore up to 1.6.

When vcore bios is 1.6, cpuz shows it fluxuations 1.43 low to 1.48 high. Do I have

to go 1.7+ bios to get into the 1.55's in cpuz.

The other thing is when 2.9 vdimm setting, it reads 2.98 in bios, when set to

3.0 vdimm it reads 3.02 in bios. So I set my Patriots to 3.0v and still they are

cold to the touch when in windows. Also heatsink is always cold to touch even

near the base. I wonder if I put too much as5 on it or weather it needs to be

lapped, maybe thats what causing me not to get up to stick on 300 x 9 (1:1 ram).

Still though 815 bios beat hell out of 711/705 for me, possibly.

PS: we're up to page 311 more than half the way to the first bios release 602....

yeah right! I hope its not a race.

Did you try switching dimm slots? I could only get 230mhz 1T in orange and 250mhz in yellow(down 20mhz)...I used to get 270mhz. Forget where they crapped at 2T (just know it wasn't good) in yellow but back in orange I got to 320mhz where as before I had problems posting beyond 318mhz...I was able to tinker with timings and pushed em up to 340mhz....error free in memtest. 342mhz = BSOD :D

I know yer asking about vinnies but I don't have one to play with :D They've definitely done some memory tweaks that my Sandy/Patriot combo seem to like...at 2T. 1T has gone south on me...

Good thought! I'll try the yeller slots.... We're pretty heavy into cocktail time out here on the East coast, so I might wait til tomorrow...

Thanks OG, I'll give those new timings a try. I did actually get up to 280 x 9, 1:1,2T

its just wierd had to put the vcore up to 1.6.

When vcore bios is 1.6, cpuz shows it fluxuations 1.43 low to 1.48 high. Do I have

to go 1.7+ bios to get into the 1.55's in cpuz.

The other thing is when 2.9 vdimm setting, it reads 2.98 in bios, when set to

3.0 vdimm it reads 3.02 in bios. So I set my Patriots to 3.0v and still they are

cold to the touch when in windows. Also heatsink is always cold to touch even

near the base. I wonder if I put too much as5 on it or weather it needs to be

lapped, maybe thats what causing me not to get up to stick on 300 x 9 (1:1 ram).

Still though 815 bios beat hell out of 711/705 for me, possibly.

PS: we're up to page 311 more than half the way to the first bios release 602....

yeah right! I hope its not a race.

Not so weird when you look at all the 939's in the OCDB...most are in the 1.62~1.64 range. 1.725v on this bios shows 1.58v in windows.

I've played with the voltage on the patriots and it has always been the same. When I start to get errors I try 2.7v and errors go up. I try 3.0v and errors go up. Voltage is the first thing I adjust when testing memory. After that it's drive strength, timings, etc...Once I get up real high in mhz and hit a wall I try voltage one more time to see it helps or hurts at the higher speeds. Patriots on MY rig always end up at 2.9v. Ended up at 2.9v on my LP NF3 250gb as well...

I finished lapping my XP-90 last night and removed the HS on the San Diego. Was only able to test a little but idle temps have dropped 2~3c and load temps 4~5c...even if I don't get any more out of the Sandy at least she'll be running cooler ;)

This thread is a forum unto itself :D

Good thought! I'll try the yeller slots.... We're pretty heavy into cocktail time out here on the East coast, so I might wait til tomorrow...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......yeah. You might wanna hold off on that awhile :eek: ;) :confused: :sad: :shake: :):O :drool:

I'm getting pretty much the same thing. Even at defaults with my Venice, the 815 is causing reboots!!!! With a Winchester, it's fine!!!

My gosh. I went back to 711. Back to normal.

Definitely avoid this BIOS everyone. It has potential in its setup and new settings, but its less stable than my previous ex-girlfriend. :D

My gosh. I went back to 711. Back to normal.

Definitely avoid this BIOS everyone. It has potential in its setup and new settings, but its less stable than my previous ex-girlfriend. :D

Any other Venice owners having trouble with 815...?

A guy at RHCF is using 815 with a Vennie, but he's running UTT memory with dividers and he ain't complaining....

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......yeah. You might wanna hold off on that awhile :eek: ;) :confused: :sad: :shake: :):O :drool:

For sure... :D

I already flashed an hour ago without turning the water pump "on", on my water cooled setup!.... I can't believe it finished.... :sweat:

Any other Venice owners having trouble with 815...?

A guy at RHCF is using 815 with a Vennie, but he's running UTT memory with dividers and he ain't complaining....

I had to go back to 705 due to not being able to set and save the ram timings in bios and terrible instability when overclocking my venice.

Guest Tim

Can somebody please tell me which temps are what in Speedfan...seems a bit confusing...check the attachd pic...

Temp1, 2, 3

Local

Remote Temp

Local Temp

Remote temp

????!!! Argh :nod: