Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

I talked to the bios people last evening and to the best of my understanding.

He has more business than he can take care of all of a sudden.

I suppose the link I posted caused a lot of persons to order a new bios chip?

He speaks english very little so I did not understand all of what he was saying, He did say that he has so much business, that has not been able to send out emails stating that they have received an order. They are just working hard to mail out the chips as fast as they can.

Normally they mail the chip the same day they get the order.

I would like to add this::If a person took it that this new bios chip would fix everything wrong with thier system, and it does not do so. Please don't blame me. The chip did fix mine, and it may fix some more.

JasonX::If you have the driver set v6.37 downloaded. Just install them, they will overwrite the 5.10's you have already installed. As far as the nVidia IDE drivers, I suppose that would be your choice wheather to install them or not. You get a box asking if you want to install these drivers. Most persons do not install the IDE drivers and opt to keep the MS Win drivers that are already installed.

I posted this in another thread, but trying here . . . . I have read through this thread looking for a solid answer but came up dry so here goes.

I tried flashing to 711, but it will not let me save any settings. I can go in and load optimized defaults and save. But if I change anything (even try to set time only) the system will not post. The drive lights flash, but nothing else. I flashed back to 602 and it works. I did not change any optimised settings except drive boot order and set HT frequency to 5x.

Does anybody have a fix for the "can't save settings" in 711? Thanks.

Guest bobyjo

Here is the stuff on the Cat's v5.8 ::

ATI Catalyst 5.8

ATI has released Version 5.8 of their Catalyst Video Card Driver Suite.

The most important changes are:

Support for Certified Output Protection Protocol

Fixes for Battlefield 2, GTA: Vice City, 3D Mark03, Area51_2.3dc, Lineage 2, Movie Maker 2, MU Online, Quake 3, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Terathon, Trackmania Sunrise, Warcraft III

Hesitation is no longer noticed when attempting to resume from an S3 or S4 state with Analog tv

Using the ATI recommended speed option found in the Overdrive™ tab of the Catalyst™ Control Center, no longer results in the engine and memory clock values being the same as the default values

I posted this in another thread, but trying here . . . . I have read through this thread looking for a solid answer but came up dry so here goes.

I tried flashing to 711, but it will not let me save any settings. I can go in and load optimized defaults and save. But if I change anything (even try to set time only) the system will not post. The drive lights flash, but nothing else. I flashed back to 602 and it works. I did not change any optimised settings except drive boot order and set HT frequency to 5x.

Does anybody have a fix for the "can't save settings" in 711? Thanks.

Do not bother with LDT X5...here's my old 705/711 routine. I don't have to do this anymore with beta 815...

1. Flash to 705 or 711. Load optimized defaults. Save and exit. Shut down and clear cmos with battery out for about 15 minutes.

2. Boot to bios and load optimized defaults. Enable raid if you need to. Change nothing else (not even time and date, set those in windows). Save and exit, boot to windows.

3. Reboot to bios and change hammer fid to whatever your default multi is. Change LDT to X3. Change AGP to 67. Save, exit, boot to windows.

4. Reboot to bios and change voltages to wherever you want them. I suggest only +.40 until you know your particular board doesn’t crash when changing the default voltage of the cpu. Save, exit, boot to windows.

5. Load A64 tweaker. Do a screen shot of your memory timings in windows and print or write them down.

6. Reboot to bios and set memory manually. Leave max memory overclock and TREF on auto. Save, exit and boot to windows

After doing all of this in baby steps, if you are not able to make changes from this point on without a no post you are most likely stuck with 602 until something is done about 705/711. If you are getting bsods at the windows load screen set your memory to 2T. If you are already running 2T, try 1T…..

Hi nF3 Ultra-D friends, I have been watching the topic for some time, your experiences with the board helped me a lot.

But I have a question, the HT multiplier at 2x or 1x causes no boot with base clock ("FSB") higher than 250MHz (or more).

With 3x HT I'm able to reach 333MHz (Chipset Voltage = 1.85v, didn't try 1.95v).

I saw some people with the same problem with other boards (Epox 8KDA3).

Is that nVidia's or DFI's problem ?

Thank you all

if u can get 333mhz with 3xHT why would u care about 1x or 2x ht? Just curious...

Guest Tim

wow....just tried 815....I can't change the HTT!!!!

Stays at 216 No matter what...great. :sad:

@ Tim

Welcome to the club lol.

I guess we shouldnt complain too much as at least the majority of the settings "stick".

I am just glad its not me but at least it looks like we are some way to getting these problems solved.

Just to add I have tried a 8 hour plus cmos reset,new cmos jumper,new battery and flash the bios ten times in a row.

J

Guest Tim
@ Tim

Welcome to the club lol.

I guess we shouldnt complain too much as at least the majority of the settings "stick".

I am just glad its not me but at least it looks like we are some way to getting these problems solved.

Just to add I have tried a 8 hour plus cmos reset,new cmos jumper,new battery and flash the bios ten times in a row.

J

Hehe, yeah we are getting there slowly....the next official should be MUCH better... :)

Flashed NF3ID815:

4th Beta release BIOS.

The 815 BIOS has the Vcore implemented as a single setting.

The reading in the BIOS for both Vcore and Vdimm are very close to measured values.

Vdimm only goes to a setting of 3.1V now.

CPU Throttling and Spectrum spread options are added.

Memory timing Twr now has a setting of "3" available as a selection.

HTT/FSB is still high by 1-3Mhz, depending on the actual setting used.

Overclocking appears to be about the same...

This damn 815 BIOS doesn't like my Venice/2X512 G.Skill "LE"!

My setup that is Memtest stable at 200 2T 2.5-4-7-3, 3X, 9X320, 3Vdimm, 1.7Vcore; is not stable with the 815 BIOS! Install a Winnie and go to 8X320 and all is well. Flash back to 711 and all is well at 9X320 with the Vinnie!!!

Anyone else have OC limits with the 815 BIOS and a Venice?????

I orignally tested the 815 BIOS with a Winchester and it worked great....

Ah,

........Strange that you were able to hit your same overclock Rebel. I couldn't for the life of me, would lock up and boot me back to startup as soon as XP was about to start.

Tried it with CPU Throttling 50 percent (Default) and Disabled. No go.

I'm getting pretty much the same thing. Even at defaults with my Venice, the 815 is causing reboots!!!! With a Winchester, it's fine!!!

great bios here: 300X10 3-4-4-8 2T, there are finaly codded the mem deviders supported by E6 chips! no cold boots, the bios can be saved with multiple settings changed at once, including the time clock...without going to windows with pata hd. the raid can be enabled without pata hd plugged....slightly better overclocking than 705 bios (or my chip probebly burned in) and better control over the v-core settings. i like it allot! the board is awesome!

I'm getting pretty much the same thing. Even at defaults with my Venice, the 815 is causing reboots!!!! With a Winchester, it's fine!!!

Did you try switching dimm slots? I could only get 230mhz 1T in orange and 250mhz in yellow(down 20mhz)...I used to get 270mhz. Forget where they crapped at 2T (just know it wasn't good) in yellow but back in orange I got to 320mhz where as before I had problems posting beyond 318mhz...I was able to tinker with timings and pushed em up to 340mhz....error free in memtest. 342mhz = BSOD :D

I know yer asking about vinnies but I don't have one to play with :D They've definitely done some memory tweaks that my Sandy/Patriot combo seem to like...at 2T. 1T has gone south on me...