Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hi nF3 Ultra-D friends, I have been watching the topic for some time, your experiences with the board helped me a lot.

But I have a question, the HT multiplier at 2x or 1x causes no boot with base clock ("FSB") higher than 250MHz (or more).

With 3x HT I'm able to reach 333MHz (Chipset Voltage = 1.85v, didn't try 1.95v).

I saw some people with the same problem with other boards (Epox 8KDA3).

Is that nVidia's or DFI's problem ?

Thank you all

nVidia NF3 problem...Though DFI was able to get X2.5 functional on the LP 250gb...

Hi nF3 Ultra-D friends, I have been watching the topic for some time, your experiences with the board helped me a lot.

But I have a question, the HT multiplier at 2x or 1x causes no boot with base clock ("FSB") higher than 250MHz (or more).

With 3x HT I'm able to reach 333MHz (Chipset Voltage = 1.85v, didn't try 1.95v).

I saw some people with the same problem with other boards (Epox 8KDA3).

Is that nVidia's or DFI's problem ?

Thank you all

I can get the 2X to work but only min single channel.. And the results arent worth the trouble you get real high memory Bandwith but CPU benches suck.. And 2001SE and 05 benches wasnt very good.. But in single channel On bios 705 I did get to 376 HTT cant remember the CPU mult I used.. But was not very stable there either .. ould only prime 4 hours

Hi fellow LP nf3 oc'ers. I have some info for what its worth.

First installed 815 bios this morning result in 2 hours late for work. In a mode of

frenzy, left work 4 hours early, just finished installing OCZ 520 psu:

http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010247c2pl.jpg

http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010246c3dx.jpg

http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010245c2qk.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010248c8nl.jpg

I know its no big deal except for me. I used the sata power con for the sata drives

and attached the supplied yellow data cables. Did this because those cables were

thicker. Theres two agp/hdd labeled thick (4pin) lines. I connected one of them to

the 9800 agp. Removed the extra 4pin main power, connected the P4 4pinner to

the other main power.

There is 2 main twisted long regular, multi connector for misc fans hd's etc.

In the manual it says "connect the vga & hdd enhanced power lead to vga and hdd housing... I do not know what that refers to. They are thicker and shrink

wrapped and only 2 of them. The wierd thing is the sata marked (2) connectors,

they are thicker and have 5pins so I used them.

Anyway it runs smoother, however in bios, the 5vsb is still 5.24v and the 3.3 now

reads 3.5v and the 12v lead reads 12.4v. It is adjustable from rear 3.3,5,12 but

lights are all green. I asume bios misread as always.

On the 815 front, before new psu this morning was still only able to get 260 at T2

1:1 to boot on these Patriots XBLK's. Don't know where OG is coming from actually.

I can see a disparity between 20-30 mhz but not this much. Still I havent tried to

up the htt since just finished psu install before post.

I did some tests on the higher dividers to see what up with that. Very weird,

tried 216, and the higher ones. You woud think given linear math, 216 divider at

260 htt would give a higher fsb than cpu. Which is absolutely rediculous since

the cpu has to wait for ram. But still in cpuz bumped it down to 100 but I guess

wrong reading there. Still posted at 433 ddr instead of 400 or 333. Go figure that

one out.

All in all 815 is better than 711/705 in that no more cmos dance but still the same

as far as oc. After loading optimized, it likes to take the htt to 216 one time, no

matter what you put in, so you have to set it twice (one time). Still the same timings.

I'll let you know how it oc's now with new psu. If I have a weak board is that still

grounds for rma, even though it will do stock timings?

Ps: yes that is a cig butt holding up the agp card

Ok, heres last I tried oc:

270 x 10, 3x

2.5,3,7,3,2T (can't do 1T over 230 sandra)

1.575v cpu (1.49v cpuz)

67 agp

1.65v chip

3.0v mem (btw my ram is ice cold to touch)

1.5v agp

twr 3

trrd 4

trfc 16

trc 14

twtr 2

tref auto (but should be 200x3.9 if it works, 15xx something)

twcl 1

max async latency 9

read preamble 7

dynamic cycle 256

ddr output driving auto

ddr dq drive strength 50%

yellow slots

everest read @ 7100, write @ 2800, latency @ 5

sandra @ 6500

Not sure on some numbers, but these > 300htt that "cold boot ok" claims I may

be skeptical, maybe I have bad voltage regulator that won't let my htt go up to

350. I could do very high with cmos save warm boot, but not cold boot. So there

it is.

I found out that !T/2T really hasn't much to do with memory read,

has alot to do with memory write. Since this board wont do 1T to save its life,

its 2T at highest htt it can take. Like said didn't go over 270, which cold boots

and sticks

815 bios

edit: I've edit my ram timings now that I wrote them down

Anybody have any insite on the ram #'s, the vdimm was set at 3.0 and it says

about 3.0 from bios sensor.

Ok, heres last I tried oc:

300 x 9, 3x

2.5,4,7,3,2T

1.725v cpu

67 agp

1.75v chip

2.90v mem

1.5v agp

twr 2

trrd 4

trfc 13

trc 11

twtr 2

tref auto

twcl 1

max async latency 7

read preamble 5.5

dynamic cycle 256

ddr output driving weak

ddr dq drive strength 50%

orange slots

everest read @ 7100, write @ 2800, latency @ 5

sandra @ 6500

Try these settings...

RE 815 BIOS:

I have a member over at RHCF reporting new dividers of 216, 233, and 250..... They would be for support of DDR433, DDR466, and DDR500 when the HTT is 200.....

Anyone else see them?

I can't seem to make them visable no matter what settings I use. May be the Winnie I'm running at the moment....

I installed the 815 bios too but no matter which values of ram timings I set they are always set by auto @ 2,5-4-4-8 anyone knows how can I change them?

RE 815 BIOS:

I have a member over at RHCF reporting new dividers of 216, 233, and 250..... They would be for support of DDR433, DDR466, and DDR500 when the HTT is 200.....

Anyone else see them?

I can't seem to make them visable no matter what settings I use. May be the Winnie I'm running at the moment....

Here's a read,

I flashed to this last night it booted and did the beep sequence a few of you have experienced.

When I cleared and reset I got into windows no problem but quickly ran CPU-Z and noticed that the HTT was at 217.

Came out and had a fiddle and got it to read correctly.Whilst messing about I found that it seems to reset itself of its own accord to 217 HTT.

I have reflashed again this morning and will be leaving it for a 8 hour plus CMOS reset.

Will see what happens tonight when I get in.

J

I asked this question a few days ago here we go i have the nforce driver from cd installed i want to install the nforce637 i was told by someone to install them over the current ones but im not sure never installed any kind of driver over another set.I dont have the nvidia drivers installed i know i will need to reinstall the gart drivers from cd what steps should i take from here any help would be appreciated.