Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Thx old guy i have everything installed from games to programs if i want to install the 637nforce drivers can i do this now or do i have to reformat and install them in the begining? If i can install them now is this the right order to do things first install the gart drivers of the cd since the 637 dont have them. Then install smibus,ethernet ect of the 637package?

Jason, those are the ones I use. You can install them over your current driver set. Never use drivercleaner to remove your nforce drivers (it's ok to use for the vid card ones). If you use DC3 to remove your nforce drivers and you installed the nvidia SW IDE driver, it will be gone and the OS (windoze) will not boot up. Then you will need to take a very interesting path to recover, or just reformat.

You should not have any problems installing the 6.37 nForce drivers right overtop of your current ones, and that set works really well, especially if you use the onboard audio.

hope this helps,

JC

Guest Tim
You should not have any problems installing the 6.37 nForce drivers right overtop of your current ones,

Call me stupid...but weren't the 5.10's the last drivers for the nF3 chipset? :)

Call me stupid...but weren't the 5.10's the last drivers for the nF3 chipset? :)

Tim, Yes the 5.10 were the last WHQL set that was released. They were for nforce 2 and nforce 3. I've used the 6.37 drivers on both my LBP and now on my NF3 Ultra-D, they are the best....IMO. A quick trip over to the NV News forums could enlighten you to the world of Beta Video card and nforce drivers, as there are lots of threads/posts on anything nVidia driver related there. There are alot of answers to any vid card, nforce problems that arrise. Check it out :)

Tim, Yes the 5.10 were the last WHQL set that was released. They were for nforce 2 and nforce 3. I've used the 6.37 drivers on both my LBP and now on my NF3 Ultra-D, they are the best....IMO. A quick trip over to the NV News forums could enlighten you to the world of Beta Video card and nforce drivers, as there are lots of threads/posts on anything nVidia driver related there. There are alot of answers to any vid card, nforce problems that arrise. Check it out :)

I just install the AGP GART driver from 5.10.

Then download the nforce4 drivers version 6.66 and install everything else from them, works fine.

new Bios out 15/08/2005 and it runs great yeah :nod: :nod: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

That bios was no good for me, it wouldn't let me set my FSB above 216.

I've had no problems with BIOS releases up to that point. I have used Winflash to flash my bios from windows everytime too. I'm back to 711 again, no issues with it.

I can see why it's a beta bios, I don't really recommend trying it, wait until they release the real one.

I've had no problems with BIOS releases up to that point. I have used Winflash to flash my bios from windows everytime too. I'm back to 711 again, no issues with it.

I can see why it's a beta bios, I don't really recommend trying it, wait until they release the real one.

why'd u flash if you didn't have any issues with 711???

and, yes...it is a beta BIOS...

well, i've flashed with it (815)...my voltages/temps seem a little more stable...and accurate...well, same that i had on my old EPoX

i can't run my BH-5 at 2-2-2-5 T1, only T2...my dad is "borrowing" my TCC5 for a few days :P

and, when i just did a cold boot, my FSB was set at 216Mhz...

anyone have an idea about my DMI Data Pool lock-up???

hmmm, may've been fixed with the new BIOS :P

Guest Tim

I'm a little hesitant to flash this bios...but I guess everythings better then the 602 bios....what about Coldboot?

Is it there?

I have had no problems with cold booting (at all with this board) unless trying to overclock and setting unstable settings, but nothing a CMOS clear hasn't fixed.

I wouldn't recommend flashing to the beta 8/15 UNLESS you have a backup plan, ie a BIOS saviour or another board to hot flash on. This is not to say I've had any problems at all with the new BIOS, I'd just advise caution on beta releases.

why'd u flash if you didn't have any issues with 711???

and, yes...it is a beta BIOS...

well, i've flashed with it (815)...my voltages/temps seem a little more stable...and accurate...well, same that i had on my old EPoX

i can't run my BH-5 at 2-2-2-5 T1, only T2...my dad is "borrowing" my TCC5 for a few days :P

and, when i just did a cold boot, my FSB was set at 216Mhz...

anyone have an idea about my DMI Data Pool lock-up???

hmmm, may've been fixed with the new BIOS :P

My BH-5 is twitchy at 1T and has been on all the BIOS'. I finally managed to get them stable at stock speeds in the yellow slots on the 711 and 705 but they would not take even a single MHz overclock at 1T.

I'm currently in the process of pushing them slowly at 1T on the new 8/15 and right now they are Memtesting at 210 (like I said taking it real slow) I'll post up a pick of my highest stable settings when I'm done.

Did you boot into windows and run A64 tweaker or CPU-Z to verify the timings???

I ran memtest a few times first then booted into windows a couple of times and checked with cpu-z. For some reason the timings never changed. :confused:

My BH-5 is twitchy at 1T and has been on all the BIOS'. I finally managed to get them stable at stock speeds in the yellow slots on the 711 and 705 but they would not take even a single MHz overclock at 1T.

I'm currently in the process of pushing them slowly at 1T on the new 8/15 and right now they are Memtesting at 210 (like I said taking it real slow) I'll post up a pick of my highest stable settings when I'm done.

ah...

my BH-5 was stable at T1 on previous BIOSes (705)...but it overclocked hopelessly...prolly gonna get a OCZ Booster, when i get some money...

im too lazy to overclock at the moment...just finished work...have tomorrow off, but i have heaps to do...so its not really a day off...prolly won't try overclocking for another week or so...until i get my TCC5 back...