Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Update on the 8/15

Only 3.1VDimm

CPU Throttling and Spectrum spread options

CPU Voltage now only has one setting

My HTT is now more acurate before it was always about 3 or 4 MHz over what it was set now it is spot on.

Seems stable enough still benchmarking and yet to prime or OC

any help from my previous post???

10x for help

1. If you start pushing your memory just to a point of seeing errors in memtest #5 or #8 and switch to "weak" you should see a reduction or elimination of errors. Keep in mind this is going to vary from mobo to mobo, ram to ram and cpu to cpu, but mine and several others have found this ram to be liking the weak setting.

If DQ reduction isn't needed it isn't needed :D If you find that you are unstable in windows (random bsod, game lockups, etc) I would then point at that as the first thing to change. To my knowledge it has no effect on "performance" just stability.

2. I've tested this ram error free in memtest to upwards of 318mhz...wether or not a board can run over 300mhz is going to vary as well. My database entry is at 303. I've had it 312 X 9 and it felt good (not twitchy, unstable) but it just won't pass prime95. So the board does run over 300....

3. 65c is not okay. Back it down until you can get better cooling. Are you running at 300 X 8 or 300 X 9 on that Venice and what voltage are you using?

4. At 2.9v I don't think a fan is absolutely necessarry but I'd run one anyway especially if you are in a hot climate.

DID some benching before started to prime.. Benches a little higher than705 @ stock.. Flased one board in windows AWARD flash utility.. And on with floppy.. Both is running prime.. 3.1 ON VIDIMM for both.. Was 3.2 705.. If you are overclocking disable CPU thermo throttle..

both after initial boot rebooted first tine to 217HTT set to 200 and booted 10 times it stayed @ 200 Voltages seem a little closer to actual voltage on both of mine.. Have not checked M/B monitor or smart gaurdian yet to see if they are more4 acurate than with older BIOS...

Will reoprt more later after 2 hour prime

No more jumping through hoops guys! Hopefully for those that couldn't get anything to save with 705/711 this will be the ticket. Made lots of changes right off the bat and she posted.

Thay have made quite a few changes. No half multis. Voltage has no more "increase" function. Some new dividers. Dram Bank interleave. 32 byte granularity. Non OS-2 is fixed. Delay on HD defaults to 1. On and on and on.....

Now I gotta relearn everything :D

Guest bobyjo

OldGuy::Thanks a million.

I have my board out of the case right now. I am gonna do some mod work on my case, on the plate under the chipset cooler etc.

If I ever have to do anything to this thing, I can remove it while the board is in the case.

I will get this thing back together and then I will test, learn, test, learn.

Looks as if I may have to write a lot of stuff down on this one..

I owe ya man.

OldGuy::Thanks a million.

I have my board out of the case right now. I am gonna do some mod work on my case, on the plate under the chipset cooler etc.

If I ever have to do anything to this thing, I can remove it while the board is in the case.

I will get this thing back together and then I will test, learn, test, learn.

Looks as if I may have to write a lot of stuff down on this one..

I owe ya man.

Well I couldn't stay late at work and finish lapping my XP-90 cuz I had to be here for FedEx. Didn't stop me though. I put the factory HSF on so I could tinker with this puppy. So far dividers are weird :D Gonna be up late and draggin butt tomorrow ;) Already had a few bsods. Lock ups at detecting array. Yup...Gonna be up late...........................

same here O_G had a few lock ups.. And one Clear cmos.. But will test alot more before making a decision

So far I just like what I see with regard to what they changed. All the time we've spent learning 705/711 can pretty much be thrown out the window. Memory slots. Memory settings. The whole nine yards. I'm gonna concentrate on memory tonight. At least with the stock HSF I can get the memory in and out with ease :D

I don't like 815 at all. Got a nice big no post after flash, had to reset CMOS and couldn't hit my previous overclock at all with same settings in 705/711.

BIOS looks interesting, but isn't as stable as 705/711.

I like the layout alot more But i cant get past 240 1:1 for nothing right now.. 166 had it to 260 and posted and passed MEMTEST 5 20 loops.. hummm? well get it..

I don't like 815 at all. Got a nice big no post after flash, had to reset CMOS and couldn't hit my previous overclock at all with same settings in 705/711.

BIOS looks interesting, but isn't as stable as 705/711.

Switch memory slots. Right off the bat I got errors with my 300mhz memory settings in test #8 at 230mhz 1T...Moved em to yellow and voila. Passed at 240mhz as well. This memory was capable of going to 270mhz 1T before so that's where I'm headed. Have to stop for a minute and rig a fan ;)

I'd say most everyone is going to be a little put off at first because it's not going to do exactly what it was doing before and we need to re-learn it. I spent a month with 602, a month with 705/711 and had to figure out each one. This will be no different IMO..........