Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

Here is something else that I found on my board.

The chipset hs/fan was very shabbly installed. The tim on the hs, was stuck to the chip in about 30% of the area.

When I installed the new copper hs/fan, I made sure the contact was as close to 100% as can be.

This alone will cause much headache and instability with your board.

I would suggest anyone that purchases on of these boards, pull the chipset cooler and replace it with a good copper hs/fan with springs that are strong enough to hold the hs down tight to the chip.

I know I checked mine after about a week of running and it was stuck as close to 100% as could be. Very good mated hs/chip.

I did not sand anything I just made sure the surface on the chip and hs was clean. I also made sure the compound was spread across the surface really well.

blinker0::Apology accepted, no big deal. It is very easy to read something wrong on this forum. Especially since there are a couple posts a day, we could get behind. If ya know what I mean.

If you haven't checked your hs/fan on the chipset, you might do well to do so. You may have one of the fastest and most stable rig around. GOOD LUCK

Thanks BJ

Just flashed booted fine.. Actualy faster.. Some different options that was used on older boards CPU throttleing ect .. Will test more later.. Going to prime it @ stock for a few hours.. Voltages closer to what I have measured with voltmeter... GOOD LUCK GUYS

EDIT AFTER FIRST REBOOT IT SET HTT to 217 But every thing elses Stayed like I had it set

I eagerly await your results :)

Bobyjo, thanks, I reapplied silver TIM to both my cpu and my gpu in an effort to stabilize the whole system, temps dropped about 3C deg on the cpu and the gpu is maxing out at 66C, which are pretty good temps. The chipset is running at 34C now but I replaced the stock fan with a thicker and regretably more noisey :( fan.

BOBYJO it is not only youre h/s that will not make good contact... This is the way the NF3 chips are made... They will be very uneven on top... I and this is "JUST ME" always lap the chipet when I am sure The board is a keeper(cause it WILL VOID WARRENTY) But a good lapping and lapping the h/s will signifently help the cooling.. Mine dropped from around 50c to 34c is as high as I have seem it since.. This wasnt BIOS measured but with a external temp probe.. with .012 percent accuracy

Guest Trippin

I tried new bios the .exe one ...brought up flash screen then went to A prompt and said it was incompatable download approprate version?gonna download again and try

I tried new bios the .exe one ...brought up flash screen then went to A prompt and said it was incompatable download approprate version?gonna download again and try

I recommend you don't flash within Windows.

Encase anyone has this problem,

An app, particularly Counter Strike Source for me, was BSODing for an unkown reason giving a

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_THAN

BSOD halt.

Turned out after I pretty much tried everything else, to be a Sound Driver incompatibility with a newer verson od the ac97 driver from Realteks website.

Uninstalled and used the one from the CD completely fixed the issue.

Guest Tim
3.1 Volts max on VDIMM? HUMMM? ANY ONE elses the same?.. WILL measure exact [email protected] later

3.1?!?!

I'm putting the DFI back in tommorow...but eh?

I need help on removal of the Chipset HSF....what to do? It's stuck on the chip bigtime...heat it up with a hairdryer maybe?

Guest Trippin

i didnt ... iused the floppy 815 exe version from dfi site

3.1?!?!

I'm putting the DFI back in tommorow...but eh?

I need help on removal of the Chipset HSF....what to do? It's stuck on the chip bigtime...heat it up with a hairdryer maybe?

You must remove the cheap fan first by unscrewing it off the heatsink.

Then turn over the motherboard and pick out the two holding plastics and if you have one, get a hairdryer and put it on the lowest setting and warm the back of where the chipset is. Not too close, it doesn't need to be very warm.

I then got a thin small screwdriver and slighty pinched the heatsink and it removed quite easily.