Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

If it is running stable yes.. Set youre agp to 67 or 68 to lock It .. When were talkind about OC,ing you video card we are bot talking about the AGP bus... Set agp Bus at 1.5 or 1.6 and you will be fine on that

If it is running stable yes.. Set youre agp to 67 or 68 to lock It .. When were talkind about OC,ing you video card we are bot talking about the AGP bus... Set agp Bus at 1.5 or 1.6 and you will be fine on that

I there any point in locking if im not ocing? and i used amd64 tweaker version 6 to change some timings like on the image pantonious i changed the settings pressed set did some benchmarks no difference then i rebooted when i got back to the desktop all the settings in amd64tweaker where set back except the ones i have changed in the bios.When i press set where they actually changed?

Guest Tim

Just put the Neo2 back in.....and I need more voltage (1.66+ instead of 1.63) to get the same overclock (266x10 166div 2-2-2-5 2T)

Weird thing is.....I flashed it with the latest bios (1.9) which offers support for X2's......I can't get to windows with 1T!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is weird....because IIRC I could do that before on the Neo2...atleast with my FX-55 I could....I can't be the CPU...

So....I guess the DFI goes back in :sad:

Wait for a new bios I suppose...

I there any point in locking if im not ocing? and i used amd64 tweaker version 6 to change some timings like on the image pantonious i changed the settings pressed set did some benchmarks no difference then i rebooted when i got back to the desktop all the settings in amd64tweaker where set back except the ones i have changed in the bios.When i press set where they actually changed?

When you press "set" it only applies those settings while in windows only. Just good for testing and running benchies. If you don't crash or lock up and see some improvement you need to make the permanent change in the bios. But before assuming all is good you need to run memtest...

EDIT: with regard to the AGP it's just a good habit IMO just like setting LDT to X3 so when you do start overclocking it's not overlooked and you start beatin yer head against the wall wondering why you can only raise yer bus to 210mhz ;)

When you set in windows It will go back unless you hake a profile for it to start up with window... No real point to change AGP MHZ if not overclocking

Only board I've seen with more hardware "Revs" than bios releases. What then

next rev out in another 60 days from now, what would we need with bios then?

@Tim if you do a search there are bios for the Neo that are modded and will allow you to run 1T.

Omniman did your board ship with 711 on it or did you flash it to that?

I always have referred to POST as the initial start up as mentioned before Power On Self Test, and it has always been booting into Windows not posting to Windows :confused: .

To clarify when I hit the power switch I do not get a bios beep although I can hear the drives powering up and the power lights come on.No video signal either.

This is happening on the DFI and the MSI so its either a dodgy PSU or a issue with the CPU I guess?

Before pulling the DFI I did get to 295 but on a 166 divider and it would boot.Which doesnt make sense but have yet to try it on the Neo.

Back soon

J

Guys Got my Crucial Value ram up to 230mhz @1T using yellow slots 2.9v dimm (set at 2.8 bios) and bios 711. It's memtest and windows stable, I'll run prime tonight. Just played 2 hrs of CS:S and some BF2 and it's running games fast. I got Everest scores of

3-3-7-3 @ 1T

read 6286mb/s

write 2680mb/s

latency 46.5ns

I just ordered some pc4000 ballistix, so hopefully they will fly on this board.

Thanx goes to OldGuy for telling me to scrap out the kvr....!

thanks,

JC

No go on the divider front with the NEO.

I guess I must have a slightly weak component in the rest of my system.Oh well I might just get a 4400 X2 and not overclock lol.

J

Guys Got my Crucial Value ram up to 230mhz @1T using yellow slots 2.9v dimm (set at 2.8 bios) and bios 711. It's memtest and windows stable, I'll run prime tonight. Just played 2 hrs of CS:S and some BF2 and it's running games fast. I got Everest scores of

3-3-7-3 @ 1T

read 6286mb/s

write 2680mb/s

latency 46.5ns

I just ordered some pc4000 ballistix, so hopefully they will fly on this board.

Thanx goes to OldGuy for telling me to scrap out the kvr....!

thanks,

JC

Hey now!! I didn't tell anyone to do anything :D I merely pointed out you wouldn't get anywhere with the KVR's (anywhere worth going that is) ;)