NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

yeah, should be fine...

change them one at a time, then click "SET", then change the next one, etc, etc...

i don't see why you would have a problem...obviously if you change a setting, and straight away your comp locks up or BSODs then you won't want to change that one anymore...

and, don't run those setttings while overclocking...like the normal 2-2-2-5, they'll need to be adjusted..

Thx man ill try it later some of those settings are in the bios i should adjust the rest in a64tweaker whats this setting for 200 MHz 3.9us i saw you changed that? And i asked on my previous post whats a safe agp voltage mine is at 1.5 does raising it bring stability while ocing the gpu?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vdimm is at 2.7 I believe, stock came 2.6

The mem timing is (Tcl) 2.0 (Trcd) 3 (Trrd) 2 (Tras) 5

I'm not sure if thats the right order, I'm looking at the A64 Tweaker sheet..

No, chipset voltage is at 1.65v

If thats not enough to error out, does this mean possible CPU RMA?

edit: Vdimm is at 2.8v actually, and the chipset was at 1.75v already :[

What now.. :{

I dont have that particular memory.. But if it is anything other tham TCCD or TCC5.. It may just need some burnin time... Just remember that just because some boards overvolt Doesnt mean all of them do.. If it was me.. To find out I would drop your CPU multiplier Down to say 9 or 8 and start from 210 HTT and memtest it5 to 10 loops of Test #5 then raise it 5MHZ at a time.. Keep doing this till you get ERRORS . When you get to the point where you get errors Raise the VDIMM up a little and retest.if errors go away raise the HTT up again.. Keep doing this till you Cant get the errors to stop.. Then back it down till there are no errors.. If you have UTTor ch5 or BH chips@ this setting raise voltage to 3.1 or 3.2V make sure you have good air flow over memory and let it run Test 5 in memtest for about 8 hours(or overnight) .. and themn start you memtest At the last HTT and voltage that was error free.. and this time just raise HTT 2 or 3 MHZ at a time.. And see if it does better. If it does you may want to do this 3 or 4 nights( i do mine while I am at work).. there will be a point where loosening timmings and voltage wont help... WALA that is youre max Memory speed.. then raise youre CPU back to multiplier you are WANTING to run and start testing again ... sort of same fashion.. But when you get memtest errors this time .. back HTT down till there are no errors And start priming...if it is stable then...run it for a while.. Then go for more later...

But if youre memory is SPD 2-2-5-2 I wouldnt relax timmings looser than 2.5-4-7-3.. any farther than that you will be better off with lower HTTand tighter timings

Thx man ill try it later some of those settings are in the bios i should adjust the rest in a64tweaker whats this setting for 200 MHz 3.9us i saw you changed that? And i asked on my previous post whats a safe agp voltage mine is at 1.5 does raising it bring stability while ocing the gpu?

change them in A64 tweaker to test them out...then, if you think you're stable, then change the ones you can in the BIOS...

im not 100% sure wat that setting does...obviously, if you are running your RAM at 1:1, then set it to 200, if you are running your RAM at 166, then set it to 166...

i do set my AGP to 1.6v...i don't think it makes that much of a difference...i've read with a problem with ONE specific Radeon Card (9600XT...i THINK) that had stability problems at 1.5v...

JasonX If you are not OCing the Graphics card Raising the voltage to it doesnt help MUch with stability.. When you go to find you MAx settings of youre Graphics card thats when that setting will have the most effect , and helps stability there.

As for the 200 MHZ 3.9 us setting I ALWAYS leave mine on auto.. I didnt keep those exact results but It benches better when you leave it on auto

Guys always Explain what is not posting

1 Not posting to BIOS

2 not posting to windows.

There will be different reasons/causes for each.. Some nay not even be M/B related

EXAMPLE.. windows creates a log for everything.. ESSPCIALY on shut down, And on crashes. Windows (not the smartest OS in the world) but the easiest to work with.Will try to protect its self.. So if it logs a serious problem when you shut down, It not only logs the problem but also all the settings at time problem occurs.. Hench when you try to reboot Windows , when booting it checks those logs. And alot of times wont post at same settings to try and protect O/S. This is why most of the time when you lower settings it will normaly post.. Because it reads the logs and sees you have tried to make changes to correct the problem I>>E the different settings

Example of BIOS not posting after running good for hours at a setting. Things may work great after initial post( thing are cool and after initial boot doesnt require as much Voltage to start everything. But when things get warm/hot it may require more voltage to start things.. and at previous voltage setting not have enough to do it..

Sort of like a cold engine on a car doesnt need as much of a voltage spike to start initial sequense to start the engine.. But a warm engine needs a few more volts to get thing moving Because there is more resistance from friction.

M/B s are designed to only supply so much of a voltage spike to get things energized over a particular Voltage setting.. if its not required when it is cold.. you arre fine.. but if there is not enough when warm/hot WHALA no post

These are only to EXAMPLES .. and there are more reasons than these .. but are the two most common.

So telling exactly which BIOS or Windows NO POST will help alot

Guys always Explain what is not posting

1 Not posting to BIOS

2 not posting to windows.

here here!

you have no idea how often people don't actually say what is going on with their PC's...and then expect me to be able to fix it :P

BTW, can't remember who it was (and too lazy to check), but a BIG thanks to whoever posted about checking the BIOS Jumper, to make sure its making contact...had a big prob at work...system would re-start and then would come up with CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR...a college spent 3 days trying to find the problem...the customer had re-set the BIOS with the Jumper on the board, and put it on the FAN HEADER!!!!! LMAO!!!! put the jumper where it's supposed to be, and the system runs sweet now!

hehe u tell em man!

Not trying to be rude.. Just trying to help.... The more info everyone gives the better chances they are of getting help.

Most of the time there is a simple reason/awnser.. But have to know which awnser/ suggestion to give.. Not just draw a awnser/suggestion out of a hat so to speak,

Correct .. But both BIOS and Windows Does a post.. Windows does it in a little different manner But has the same function.. To check commponent intergrity.. Window does its test @ the begining of the Driver load screen and directly after.. Simple terms( right before you start counting the little green bars , and thinking come one hurry up) and the pause between driver load screen and you you see the welcome to Windows screen

Heres a very good link to some more defined BIOS optimization guidehttp://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=1

A lot of reading but well worth it

Guest bobyjo

Please correct me if I am wrong, in the post back in this thread, it stated that the setting for 2 sticks of memory should be 7.8. Therefore in A64, it shows at the tref set at 200 3.9. Should this not be 200 7.8.